Zipped File - American Constitution Unit Bundle
[Immerse your students in the one of the most relevant units in American History - the Constitution! This bundle includes 6 PowerPoint Lessons, 4 PDF handouts, and a unit Socratic Seminar [Debate] as a culminating experience. Transform your classroom into the most engaging one in the school! Cooperative learning is packed in each lesson, students' voices are empowered, daily warm up and exit card activities, daily Know/Do/Relevance statements, and much much more! Unit begins with an Assumptions Lessons where students discuss their background and opinions, then continues through topics such as the Article of Confederation, drafting of a new Constitution, the Great Compromise, how the Constitution guards us from tyranny, what is the purpose of government, and a political ideology quiz which tells students their political alignment! Empower your students!
- American Constitution: Student Assumptions
- American Constitution Day 1: Great Compromise
- American Constitution Day 2: Purpose of Gov and Ideologies
- American Constitution Day 3: Background and Guards Against Tyranny [possible 2-day lesson!]
- American Constitution Day 4: Amendments and the Amendment Process
- American Constitution: Socratic Seminar
PDF Handouts Included:
- Amendment Question and Answer Sheet
- Make Your Own Amendment Questionnaire
- Socratic Seminar Menu
- United States Constitutional Amendments
** Cooperative Learning Around Every Corner
** "I will/I can" statements!
** SIOP Learning Objectives!
Separately, these items would cost over $15! Save when you bundle!
I'd love any feedback you may have!
Feel free to email with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org