This song outlines the countries in Greater Antilles (Bahamas, Cuba, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, and Haiti).
A strong knowledge of geography makes history, social studies, current events, and literature come alive! Geography Songs for Everyone was created by a homeschooler who loves geography and wanted her own children to appreciate our expansive globe and their place within it. These songs are designed for easy listening and easy learning for both children and adults.
Your download includes:
1) 1 original geography song (audio files)
Geography Songs for Everyone features:
- Countries in geographical order– Songs sing through the countries in the order they appear on a map. As a result, students learn country name and proper placement.
- Small groupings – To aid memorization, countries are divided and grouped into small regions. Each song highlights no more than seven countries.
- Geographical context – Most songs feature lyrics that offer context regarding the location of the region and/or its global significance.
- Geographical terminology– General geographical terminology is inserted throughout the songs, ie. isthmus, as well as specific landmarks, ie, Lake Titicaca, to spark conversations and further study.
- Diverse musical themes– Each song is inspired by the region highlighted. This results in a wide variety of melodies, harmonies, and rhythms throughout the collection to keep the ear engaged.
- Simple accompaniment– Each track is produced without accompaniment that can deter from accurately hearing the lyrics and country pronunciation.
- Repetition– Most songs feature repetition of the countries as well as the region name to help listeners pick up on the place names and practice singing along.
To purchase the complete collection of world geography songs (that's over 1 hour of music!) , check out Entire World, 49 Geography Songs- for only $15.00. Or, you can purchase individual songs on TPT for $0.99 each.
You can also stream Geography Songs for Everyone at www.geographysongs.com.
If you like the songs, please leave feedback.