A complete unit covering the basics and foundation of the American Government and the roles of citizens! Appropriate for all secondary levels! The unit is comprised of a PowerPoint and three outlines for the students to follow along and discuss with. Outlines are set up so that students may work on their own using the technology of their classroom or home, or so that the teacher may present the PowerPoint and the students may follow along, discuss, and fill in the outlines as you go! The PowerPoint also contains built in discussion prompts to get the students thinking critically and outside of the box!
What You Receive When You Purchase This Product
1. PowerPoint - Three sections of content regarding the American Government and Citizenship. (Government and People, Shaping the American Government, and Federal Government)
2. Three Outlines - Designed for students to follow along and fill in as teacher presents the information. The outlines are also designed to be used as a study guide for the included test and vocab quiz. Section 1 - American Government and Citizenship (explains the basics and roles of the American government and the citizens) Section 2 - Shaping the American Government (Explains the history and how the American government became what it is today) Section 3 - The Federal Government (Explains the roles each branch of the federal government plays, as well as certain positions involved in the day to day operations of the government)
3. American Government and Citizenship Vocabulary Quiz - Two versions included, standard and modified. Answer keys also included!
4. American Government and Citizenship Test - Two versions included, standard and modified. Answer keys also included!
5. Quality work that has been used in my own classroom to great success!