Have you ever done a Wax Museum at your school? If not, this is a MUST buy! It is everything you need to implement a Wax Museum for your class, grade level, or school. Even if you have done a Wax Museum in the past, this download contains a very polished and well-written pack of information that will help you as you guide your students through the process of reading a biography about a famous American, completing a book report on that hero, and executing a wax museum.
This resource pack contains:
Table of contents
Introductory parent letter
Book report cover page
Book report form - Childhood
Book report form - Accomplishments
Book report form - Reflection
Book report form -Remembrance
Book report form Important Facts 1-5
Book report form Important Facts 5-10
Book report rubric
Wax Museum parent letter
Wax Museum rubric
Wax Museum tips poster
Wax Museum tips additional touches
Tips for teachers
Wax Museum send home invitations
Wax Museum school invitations
Biography log cover page
Biography log student form
I have included a teacher instruction page that explains things a little more clearly:
* Introductory Parent Letter - A letter to send home to parents to introduce the 3 parts of the project: book report, poster, and Wax Museum.
* American Hero Book Report Form - For students to fill out after they read their biography on a famous American.
* Book Report Rubric - To help grade students. (Make two copies; one to send home so parents and students know what is expected from the book report, and one to save to grade with once the book reports are complete.)
* Wax Museum Parent Letter - A letter to send home to parents that explains each part of the Wax Museum.
* Wax Museum Rubric -To help grade students. Make two copies/student; one to send home to parents (so they know exactly how the Wax Museum will be graded and how to get a good grade) and a second copy you will use to grade each student on the day of the Wax Museum.
* Wax Museum Tips - To send home with students so they have ideas on how to make a great poster and receive a good grade. (Includes extra tips as well.)
Wax Museum Invite 1 - To send home and invite parents/guardians/others to attend the night Wax Museum.
* Wax Museum Invite 2 - To hang up in the school so other teachers know they are invited to the school Wax Museum.
* Biography Log - To give to students so they can take notes while their classmates are presenting. (Make one copy of the cover page per students and as many copies of the second page as needed for your class.)
I believe that I have included everything you will need as you implement this 'American Hero Book Report and Wax Museum' for your own students.