Use this one massive packet to teach all of Georgia's Famous Americans to your first graders! These American Hero Writing Prompts are perfect to add to your Social Studies lesson plans! I designed these activities with the goal of getting young children excited about writing and about our US heroes.
They're so easy to make - all you do is print and all students do is write, color, cut, and glue for an instant bulletin board or fun thing to take home to show their family. All of the images are in a circle to help students who need practice with their fine motor skills. I always have my students cut out the picture and the half- page writing template then glue onto a piece of construction paper!
⭐Lewis and Clark
⭐George Washington Carver
For every American hero, students can create a biography page about the life of that Famous American. Use the variety of pages to meet the individual needs of the students in your classroom. Because did I mention it is easily DIFFERENTIATED to meet your kiddos needs? For your above or on level students there is a blank biography template so they can research and find their own answers to each section. For your on or below level kids there is a traceable option to use as well! As a final summary sheet, students will use the half page writing prompts provided alongside the picture.
- American Hero Craft Circle
- Blank Biography Template
- Traceable Biography Template
- Writing Prompt Summary Page
- Offered with two different lines so you can differentiate for students
- My Favorite Hero (After teaching about all the heroes, use this as as a final project)
- Blank Templates
Still have questions? Check out my preview for examples!
- Day 1: We introduce my newest hero and we fill in the portrait section, write when the hero is born, and what their jobs were.
- Day 2: We always discuss character traits in depth and how we can apply it to our lives. Then we fill it in on the bio page.
- Day 3: We write our favorite thing that that we have learned so far about this American hero
- Day 4: We write 3 facts that we have learned about that hero!
- Day 5: We create a final product with the picture and the half page writing sheet.
This curriculum takes me from September - May as a first grade teacher. This is a packet that can be used year after year!
Thanks for stopping by my store! Looking for more from me? Let's Connect!
I ❤ Followers!
Be the first to know about new products and freebies! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page. Please leave feedback if you purchase this product.