Three dynamic and interactive units are included in this bundle:
- The Original Colonies
- The American Revolution
- The Antebellum Period
Very clear answer keys and teacher unit guides included - check out the preview file!
I am an experienced teacher who has spent considerable time developing these resources to benefit student learning. They have been proven to work!
Here is an overview of each sub-unit:
The Original Colonies
- 2 Activities packages - The Original Colonies and Life in the Colonies
- 3 PPT Lectures - Jamestown, Introduction of Slavery, The Enlightenment and Great Awakening
- 1 Inquiry Activity - Fun activity that has students investigate various statements about the colonies (eg. Salem Witch Trials)
- 1 Differentiated Project - Provides students with a number of different options to express their understanding of the concepts.
- Smartboard Review activity (most activities can actually be completed without a Smartboard through the Smart Express Website)
In conjunction with this bundle I would suggest using the following resources:
- Secrets of the Dead: Witches Curse (documentary)
- Jamestown Interactive Village http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2007/05/jamestown/jamestown-standalone
Buy this unit by itself at the link below:
The American Revolution
- a Twitter template activity
- movie critique evaluation
- research essay evaluation (step-by-step through the essay writing process)
- dynamic mapping activities
- online simulation game (students choose whether their character will be loyalist or patriot)
- two activities packages (15 pages of differentiated activities!)
- Utilizes free online textbook (ushistory.org)!
- Smartboard review activities! (most activities can actually be completed online through the Smart Express Website).
Buy this unit individually below:
American Revolution Unit
The Antebellum Period
- Activities Package (9 pages, 2 powerpoints and 5 activities)
- Online simulation of the life of a slave
- Fact or Fiction? Activity. Students evaluate the accuracy of another of statements dealing with topics like Davy Crocket and Lewis and Clarke.
- War of 1812 Debate
- The Trial of Andrew Jackson: Hero or Villain
- Storybook Project
- Smartboard Review activity
Antebellum Period Unit