Part II - American History Course: A Story of Courage, Conflict and Freedom
This exciting and interactive course covers from the Civil War to 2015. The course is organized into very clear thematic activity packages (see sample). These packages are typically 8 – 10 pages and are comprised of many different and engaging activities. In addition, there are many supplemental lessons, evaluations, smartboard activities and re-usable templates! This is really a comprehensive bundle of resources that have been proven to work in my own classroom over and over.
All of the unit guides are included in the free preview download. This will give you an idea of how many resources you are getting with your purchase. A document outlining how activities connect to Common Core is also included with the free preview (note: this bundle is for units 3, 4, 5 and 6).
Other Key Details:
- Over 115 files! Over 600 slides and pages of learning!
- Very clear and well-organized teacher unit guides (see free download!).
- ANSWER KEYS! In-depth and very helpful (see free download!).
- Course utilizes many engaging online resources (eg. interactive mapping, primary video clips, simulations, articles etc.) including a free online textbook (ushistory.org)!
- Thematic packages included: The Civil War, Post-Civil War America, America at the Turn of the Century, the Great War, the Roaring Twenties, the Great Depression, World War Two, the Cold War, the Civil Rights Era, Politics of Distrust, The Cold War Continues and A New America Emerges.
- Includes many Common Core aligned resources.
- Many primary and secondary resources incorporated into the activities.
Other items included:
- 7 interactive Smartboard review activities (most can be done without a Smartboard!).
- Informal transition games for review or simply to get students physically moving!
- Many differentiated evaluations (eg. Twitter Dialogue, “Fact or Fiction” Investigations, Facebook templates).
- Engaging Discussions.
- Clear rubrics.
- Generic Activities folder! All sorts of templates for any class!
Interested in select activities, units or bundles? Check out my store!
Creating History Store
Consider buying the whole course, “American History: A Story of Courage, Conflict and Freedom.”
Complete American History Course