Also included in
- American History Traditional & Digital Interactive Notebook MegaBundle for Middle SchoolAre you looking for American History interactive notebooks, but want the flexibility to take notes both on interactive pieces and digitally? This bundle contains both my paper bundle and digital bundle - at a$96.60$138.00Save $41.40
U.S. History Interactive Notebook Bundle: Exploration - Reconstruction
This is a complete interactive notebook unit with assessments for middle school American History: Exploration - Reconstruction. Activities include graphic organizers, maps, timelines, and other interactive pieces.
The organizers are created to support students' reading skills. The guiding questions and topics on the organizers help students determine which facts are main ideas. There are 460+ pages of activities, plus a complete answer key.
Unit assessments are also included.
This resource is meant to be used with a textbook or as teacher-led notes.
Please note: this file is not editable.
What is included in this resource?
There are nine resources included in this bundle:
- Age of Exploration
- Colonial America & the 13 Colonies
- American Revolution
- U.S. Constitution
- Developing a New Nation (Federalist Era, Jefferson Era, Growth & Expansion)
- Age of Jackson
- Manifest Destiny, Industrial Revolution & the Reform Era
- Sectionalism and the Civil War
These resources include graphic organizers, activities, and unit assessments.
The organizers provide in-depth notes on the topics (at a middle school level.) Teachers can choose to use all of the organizers or select certain pages.
What topics are covered in this resource?
Topics covered in this product include:
Please see the listings the individual units for a complete list of topics covered in these resources.
Is there a bundle for the digital and traditional notebooks?
Yes, a Mega-Bundle of the units in both traditional interactive notebooks (copy & paste) and digital notebooks is available – the best value. Teachers can determine which style notes meet the needs of each student and lesson.
Why should I use interactive notebooks?
This interactive notebook will help support your students in learning history.
1. Using interactivities increases engagement. Yes, it sounds crazy, but some students will take notes without complaining as long as they can cut and fold paper! I use white glue with mine, but these pieces could also be taped or stapled into a notebook.
2. The guiding questions and topics on these organizers help support low readers. Many students don't understand what is important in the text, so they either take too many notes or don't take any.
3. Interactivities support students with special needs and vision problems. Many students struggle with questions at the end of a lesson. For some students it is because they cannot remember what they are supposed to find or they struggle to flip multiple pages. These organizers help to keep the topic in front of the student.
4. Graphic organizers encourage student independence. Once students get used to the interactive notebook system, teachers can break students into groups and have them complete specific interactivities. Students become the experts and teach each other their content.