"American History" by Judith Ortiz Cofer Lesson Bundle
These materials do not require any prep and can be used as an emergency lesson for a sub.
This is a complete lesson pack for "American History." All of the documents are alterable so that you can tailor them for your purposes. Also, all of the graphic organizers can be used for any literary piece. All of the worksheets are also on .pdf for those of you who do not use MS Office.
The .zip folder includes:
1. Lesson Plan with step-by-step instructions on how to use the materials.
2. MS Word and .pdf study guide with a preview, a KWL chart, prereading vocabulary, reading and comprehension questions, a literary review, and a critical thinking quickwrite.
3. Author's Purpose Diagram
4. Characterization Chart
5. Historical Analysis Chart
6. Plot Diagram
7. Read For Detail 5W and H Chart
8. Setting Chart
9. Style Chart
10. Symbol Chart
11. Symbolism Chart
12. Theme Diagram
13. Universal Plot Diagram
14. Venn Diagram
15. Powerpoint Characterization
16. Powerpoint Irony and Ambiguity
17. Powerpoint Narration
18. Powerpoint Plot Structure
19. Powerpoint Symbolism
20. Powerpoint Theme
21. Peer Evaluation Sheet
Also, we try to keep within the highest quality for all of our materials so please feel free to suggest how we might improve our products! Also, if you liked this mini-unit please check out our other short story materials here:
Thanks for browsing!
Quality Teaching Products
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License