Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is bundle is a great supplement to your unit on American Imperialism! This product includes a graphic organizer that provides students with an overview of American Imperialism during the late 19th and early 20th century. It also includes a video guide for "America Becomes a World Power." This video is incredibly useful and insightful. Lastly, this product includes a document-based question. The prompt is: What were the motives for American Imperialism and what problem(s) arose with these newly acquired territories?
Here is a list of the documents:
1. Sea Power, Alfred T. Mahan (1890)
2. Encyclopedia Britannia, Excerpt about Open Door Notes
3. Rudyard Kipling, The White Man's Burden (1899)
4. Emilio Aguinaldo, Central Filipino Committee, LETTER TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, (1899).
5. Article VII of the Platt Amendment of 1903.
6. February 1901, "To the Person Sitting in Darkness," by Mark Twain
*** This bundle includes a free product: The Forgotten Story of Otta Benga! This story is an amazing example of the impact of American Imperialism!