This product was designed to be used with a Social Studies interactive notebook, lapbook, or as class notes. These can be used with any textbook, nonfiction trade book, reading passage, or movie. Most templates are generic so that a key is not included as the teacher can decide what is important to your study. I have included one link to a short History Channel video to help assist with one set of notes.
I have included examples of several foldables including a Venn Diagram, Flipbooks, and Flapbooks. There are also several "I Can" statements based off Ohio's Model Curriculum for 5th grade that fit this unit. A header for notebooks is also provided for each cultural region. There are 13 total activities (60 pages) included in this product.
- Flipbook for each Cultural Region (9 total)
- What is a region? Flapbook & Answer key
- Mapping the Cultural Regions (3 different maps)
- Are they Civilized? Evidence Flipbook
- Comparing Cultures Trifold (2 different versions)
- Key Cultural Attributes Notes
- Comparing American Indian Homes Single Tabs
- Great Plains' Uses for Buffalo Accordion & Key
- Comparing the Arctic and Subarctic Venn Diagram
- Arctic Flapbook
- Subarctic Flapbook
Check out the preview for examples of foldables and a few sample pages.
* Please note these are full page black-line foldables. They fit standard composition notebooks and can be printed on white or colored paper.
Hope these help you out!