This packet is filled with material to enrich your curriculum as well as enhance your student's understanding of Presidents' Day and American Symbols.
The packet contains:
1. Craft - Washington and Lincoln characters for Page Toppers or Mounting on a bulletin board.
2. Suggested Resources for reading aloud
3. Mini Books with factual information for printing and sharing with students: Lincoln, Washington, Presidents
4. Word of the Day activities that focus on definition and using in sentences. Lincoln, Washington, President
5. Activity Sheet: Read and Identify Washington/Lincoln, Teacher/President
6. Compare and Contrast: Washington/Lincoln
7. Graphic Organizers for Pre Write: Washington, Lincoln, Presidents
You can use mini books for these or other materials available
8. Writing page: Washington, Lincoln, President
9. Mini book for student to write and illustrate: Lincoln, Washington, President
10. Poems: Read and share information. Lincoln, Washington
11. Making Words: Activity sheets as well as letters for forming words. Lincoln, Washington
12. Word Search: Washington/Lincoln, Presidents
13. Mini Books for students to write in
14. ABC Order: Washington/Lincoln, Presidents
15. Fun with Coins: Penny, Quarter
16. My Teacher For President - Comprehension Pages
17. List of the Presidents
18. Read for Detail: Presidential Pets
19. Research: Note, Research Guide, Reporting Materials, Illustration
20. Vocabulary Cards: 12 individual for posting
21. Parts of Speech
23. Building paragraphs
24. Using details to write
Use Presidents' Day as a springboard to enhance your curriculum!
The packet contains:
Two crafts- an eagle and a bell (representing the bald eagle and the Liberty Bell)
List of suggested book titles
16 Vocabulary Cards on US Symbols for posting
Favorite American Symbol
Designing a Family Symbol
Fact Cards on - Liberty Bell, bald eagle, Statue of Liberty, White House, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Flag, Mount Rushmore
Filled with informational text
Fun Facts - fact card and an activity to accompany each symbol
Word of the Day - Liberty
Activity sheet to fill in missing words from the pledge
Making words from American
Writing Activities- Book on the symbols
Is, Can, Has...flag and eagle
Letter to the President
Help build an appreciation for America and it's symbols! Should fit right in with Presidents' Day.
Visit this site to learn more about US Symbols!!
Visit this site to learn more about Presidents!!
Bundle and SAVE