Also included in
- Looking for a review resource for the American Revolution / Revolutionary War? How about THREE of them? Instead of buying these separately you can save some money and buy them as a package. One activity the whole class can participate in at the same time, one is where one student and a partner ta$5.78$8.25Save $2.47
- The American Revolution and the American Civil War Era both have a definite connection to why things are the way they are today. This 15 Mystery Phrases bundle can be an exciting way for students to learn about how important the things that were said during this time were because of the impact they$4.20$6.00Save $1.80
- Learning about the American Revolution can be a great experience for students or they could be sitting passively and daydreaming about anything but what is being taught. I'm a fan of students being engaged in their learning which is why I put together this American Revolution bundle for you to use$24.99$35.75Save $10.76
- Teaching about the American Revolution and the American Civil War involves your students learning and understanding a massive list of names, vocabulary, and places of historic importance. To help students refresh their memories of the who/what/when/where of it all this 3-Pack Bundle of Bundles migh$10.00$18.00Save $8.00
- AMERICAN REVOLUTION BUNDLE: 15-PACK.If you teach about the American Revolution to middle school students then you know that middle schoolers tend to have shorter attention spans and that they often learn better with visuals and by “doing” instead of passively listening. The 15 products in this Amer$36.20$52.75Save $16.55
- AMERICAN REVOLUTION & CIVIL WAR BUNDLE: 30-PACK.If you teach about the American Revolution and Civil War to middle school students then you know that middle schoolers tend to have shorter attention spans and that they often learn better with visuals and by “doing” instead of passively listening.$68.75$104.75Save $36.00
- American Revolution & Civil War Bundle. Learning about the American Revolution and the Civil War can be a great experience for students or they could be sitting passively and daydreaming about anything but what is being taught. I'm a fan of students being engaged in their learning which is why$29.99$52.75Save $22.76
- This American Revolution Bundle: 5 Activities for Middle School Social Studies will be a great addition to your U.S. History curriculum! These 5 products will keep your middle school students actively engaged in your classroom while being able to collaboratively learn from each other at times. I t$10.00$15.50Save $5.50
American Revolution - Famous Phrases. The American Revolution can be an exciting time for students to learn about because heroes stepped forward and there was a struggle between the upper hand and the underdog, but it can be overwhelming for students because of how much there is to cover. However, with pictures and stories students are able to get a firmer grip of this fascinating time period because of what was said, who said it, why it was said, and the impact that it had within the story of the American Revolution. And most importantly, did these people really say these phrases at all?!?
Included in this package are 15 famous people from the American Revolution who said something that was powerful at the time and still resonates in our minds today. The phrases are to be found by students using whatever research methods you decide on.
The 15 Phrases are accompanied by two different writing tasks of your choice:
Option #1 is set up for students to identify what was being said in the bubble captions, explain what the phrase means, and explain what was happening during the revolution that led to the phrase being said.
Option #2 is more advanced in terms of students choosing two of the phrases that have been discovered and identify key words, find synonyms that could have been used, identify what the words mean, and write a critical analysis as to whether or not they believe the phrase is a valid and meaningful part of American History.
Patrick Henry - "If this be treason, make the most of it!"
John Paul Jones - "I have not yet begun to fight!"
Nathan Hale - "My only regret is I only have one life to give for my country."
John Hancock - "There! His majesty can no read my name without glasses!"
James Otis - "A man's house is his castle."
Thomas Paine - "These are the times that try men's souls."
John Parker - "Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they mean to have a way, let it begin here."
Israel Putnam/William Prescott - "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes!"
Benjamin Franklin - "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
Thomas Jefferson - "...life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"
George Washington - "Tell General Sullivan to use the bayonet. I am resolved to take Trenton."
John Adams - "Facts are stubborn things."
Paul Revere - "The regulars are coming!"
Paul Revere - "One if by land, two if by sea."
Patrick Henry - "Give me liberty, or give me death!
For a GREAT classroom management tool check out one of my BEST-SELLERS!
Connect with Surviving Social Studies...
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the ‘Follow Me’ next to my logo to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on www.survivingsocialstudies.com
Thanks for stopping by!
Surviving Social Studies
Copyright ©Surviving Social Studies. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.