AMERICAN REVOLUTION UNIT:
American Revolution features NINE COMPLETE Common Core-aligned lessons about the causes of the Revolutionary War, Battles in the North and South, the Declaration of Independence, and the end of the American Revolution with Nonfiction Informational Text and a balanced mix of higher and lower level hands-on activities:
• Questions after each lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
• Using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions to plot Southern Battles on a map
• Using Ordered Pairs to plot Northern Battles on a Coordinate Grid
• Differentiating between Primary and Secondary Sources
• Expository, Creative, and Journal Writing Assignments using Graphic Organizers
• American Revolution Time Lines utilizing Picture Cues-great for ELL Students!
• Caesar Rodney and Benjamin Franklin Biographies with follow-up Questions
• American Revolution Vocabulary Activities and Quizzes
The English Colonies
The French and Indian War
The Proclamation of 1763
Struggle for Power
Preparing for Battle
The American Revolution Begins
The Declaration of Independence
American Revolution Battles in the North
American Revolution Battles in the South
American Revolution, aligned with the 3rd-5th Grade Common Core READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards (see Preview for Standard Alignment), is one of NINE units in our American History Bundle. Purchase this American Revolution Unit individually or save money by purchasing the entire Common Core-aligned AMERICAN HISTORY BUNDLE
We've included a context-appropriate American Revolution Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Writing Assignments.
Download the American Revolution Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Common Core Standard Alignment, sample Lessons and Activities.
OUR OTHER COMMON CORE ALIGNED AMERICAN HISTORY UNITS:
NEW WORLD EXPLORERS UNIT
SPANISH EXPLORERS UNIT
13 COLONIES UNIT
CIVIL WAR UNIT
WESTWARD EXPANSION UNIT
WORLD WAR I UNIT
AMERICAN HISTORY BUNDLE-ALL NINE AMERICAN HISTORY UNITS!
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2011-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.