This lesson uses the books And Then What Happened Paul Revere by Jean Fritz and Katie's Trunk by Ann Turner.
This lesson includes rigorous activities to encourage higher level thinking, group discussion, and cooperative learning.
The lesson includes the following activities for students:
- Comparing and contrasting author's viewpoints in both books with a graphic organizer
- Analyzing how author's viewpoint influences text
- Writing a story from two different points of view
- A debate on which author did better
The lesson includes differentiated activities for high, medium, and lower learners.
The lesson includes a work time chart for students to keep track of participating and a graphic organizer.
The PDF file includes 15 pages:
- cover page
- table of contents
- 2 page lesson overview
- 1 page graphic organizer
- 1 page that details which differentiated activity is for which level
- 3 sets of 2 pages with instructions and worktime chart for each level activity
- 2 page story planning graphic organizer
- 1 page rubric for stories