Explore the battles and heroes of the American Revolution
with biographies cartoon notes, and stations. Engage your students in the American Revolution by learning about the men and women who helped the 13 Colonies gain their independence!
In this resource you will receive:
– to guide your through the lesson step by step.
- a timeline with a brief description of the battles of the American Revolution. Students will learn more about the battles as they visit the centers. The key events on the timeline include: Battle of Lexington and Concord, Battle of Bunker Hill, Battle of Saratoga, Crossing of the Delaware and Battle of Trenton, Winter at Valley Forge and the Battle of Yorktown.
Additional events are also included in this 3-page reading. QR Codes are included to link to video clips.
Cartoon Notes to doodle
- Your students can create their own notes from the timeline on this fun handout for notetaking.
– important terms from the lesson have been turned into a word wall with images. They include: militia, alliance (ally), Colonel, Congress, delegate, Patriot, Loyalist and trea
– detailed directions for lesson.
Who Am I?
– a handout for keeping track of the heroes of the American Revolution.
Heroes of the American Revolution Stations
– each station includes a cover page with introductory information, biographies including primary sources, and 1-2 different station debrief activities. The stations are: Spies, Women, African Americans, Allies, and Patriots.
The heroes highlighted include: Abigail Adams, Mercy Otis Warren, Marquis de Lafayette, Bernardo de Galvez, James Armistead, Wentworth Cheswell, Crispus Attucks, Haym Salomon, John Adams, Samuel Adams, Patrick Henry, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and George Washington.
Many other heroic Americans are also included. QR Codes are included to link to video clips.
- This activity is designed to take 6 or more class days of instruction and cover your entire American Revolution unit. I have included several different forms of formative assessments so you can check for understanding and keep your kids on task.
⭐Please view the preview for more information.⭐
• American Revolution Bundle of Activities
• American Revolution DBQ - Reading and Writing using Primary Sources - Bundle
• American Revolution DBQ - Reading and Writing using Primary Sources - PreAP
• American Revolution DBQ - Reading and Writing using Primary Sources - Regular
• American Revolution Dominos
• American Revolution Game
• American Revolution Heroes Bundle - 2 Versions with Review Game
• American Revolution Heroes for ELL's
• American Revolution Heroes for PreAP
• American Revolution Sequencing Activity
• American Revolution Task Cards
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower
. You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
© 2017 Social Studies Success, LLC. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Please so not upload to a shared computer space! Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. All images are taken from public domain or purchased through Adobe Stock Photography. This includes images taken by employees of various US Government agencies; images published prior to 1923; or images that have otherwise been released to public domain.
Please review all product descriptions and previews. If you have a question, contact me before you purchase at SocialStudiesSuccess1@gmail.com. As this is a digital product, all sales are final.