Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
This is my entire American Revolution Unit. My hope is that your students enjoy these materials as much as mine have, and that I can save you some time in the process :) Below is a list of the materials included in this bundle.
- American Revolution Vocabulary Preview (I use this to help students preview KEY vocab terms and identify if they have seen these words previously or not - Great activity to assess where students are at prior to starting the unit)
- Frayer Vocabulary ( This strategy is so useful in aiding to student understanding. At the start of the classhour I have student fill our one to two frayers that tie into our content for the day. This gives them the necessary background for internalizing material.)
- America the Story of Us - Rebels worksheet
- Timeline to American Revolution PPT and worksheet ( this covers all of the acts imposed on the colonies that eventually lead to the colonists declaring independence.)
- Taxation Simulation (I LOVE THIS ACTIVITY!!! This simulation takes about one full class period and helps students FEEL the emotions many colonists had towards the unfair taxes placed on them)
- Taxation Cell Phone Letter - Great introduction piece to the Timeline to the American Revolution PPT and worksheet
- Battles of the American Revolution Worksheet
- The Crossing Movie worksheet
- People and Ideas that Inspire Revolution PPT and Notes page
- PBS Liberty Webquest
- Valley Forge Frame Routine ( Use primary sources to help students learn how to outline a 5 paragraph essay)
- Assessments - 2 Quizzes and 1 Unit Test