Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This item is a comprehensive CURRICULAR UNIT (GOOGLE version included!) about the American Revolution that integrates reading and literacy. There are 7 complete lessons included in this bundle PLUS supplemental activities. This unit includes about 7 weeks of materials. I will be adding an audio of each passage soon!
THIS UNIT CAN BE USED AS A STAND ALONE CURRICULUM. This can be used as homeschool curriculum, too.
This unit offers a savings of over 40% versus buying the resources individually.
The 7 lessons included in this curriculum unit are:
If you have purchased any of the above NO Prep lessons, you have the above lessons, but you do NOT have the supplemental activities.
Limited on copies or paper? Every component of this lesson is ready-to-go on GOOGLE slides, so you can easily assign to your students! The quizzes, unit test, and modified test are also available on GOOGLE Forms, and I include explicit directions on how to assign and tweak (if desired) for your students. The quizzes, unit test, & modified unit test are also self-grading!
This unit includes:
• 7 PowerPoint presentations that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes
• 7 slotted notes pages so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentations (which includes carefully curated videos & links that will enrich the lessons) Editable slotted notes included!
• 7 informational reading passages about the US Revolutionary War (There are TWO versions of the reading passage included. One is the "paper saver" version for when you have to limit your copies. The other is the "note-taking" version that has enough space for annotating and taking notes. This version also includes bolded headers for the different sections!)
• 28 activities (4 per lesson) (key terms, dates & events, significant items, significant people, political cartoon, geographical connection, and a literacy connection) Three of the four activities PER lesson have two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• 7 quizzes
• answer keys for the slotted notes, activity pages, and the quizzes
• GOOGLE slides of all components
• 7 GOOGLE Form self-grading quizzes, unit test, & modified unit test
• AUDIO OF READING PASSAGES COMING SOON!
PLUS THE FOLLOWING SUPPLEMENTAL ACTIVITIES:
• 7 graphic organizers
• editable study guide with answer key
• editable unit test with answer key
• editable modified test with answer key
• teacher's guide with suggested pacing map
Specific reading skills in this unit are: relationships in a text/cause & effect; unknown words & phrases; citing textual evidence & making inferences; text structure; central ideas & summary;and integrating multiple sources of information.
You will be easily integrating reading with your social studies content because the 7 graphic organizers focus on one specific reading skill per organizer, AND students will be analyzing primary documents.
If you have purchased any of my NO PREP American Revolution lessons, please email me if you are unsure of what additional materials this unit includes.
++++++++++COMPLETE US HISTORY CURRICULA Available++++++++++
++++++++++COMPLETE WORLD HISTORY CURRICULA Available++++++++++
© Brainy Apples
Heather LeBlanc, LLC