This item is a comprehensive
CURRICULAR UNIT about the American Revolution that integrates reading and literacy
. There are 7 complete lessons included in this bundle PLUS supplemental activities. This unit includes about 7 weeks of materials. This can be used as homeschool curriculum, too.
This unit is not complete. I anticipate having it complete by the end of this week. Please see below for what is not yet included in this unit.
The 7 lessons included in this curriculum unit are:
Lessons included in this unit bundle are:
♦Causes of the American Revolution
♦Battles & Events of the American Revolution
♦Declaration of Independence
♦France's Role in the American Revolution
♦Key People of the American Revolution VOL.1
♦Key People of the American Revolution VOL.2
♦Impacts of the American Revolution
If you have purchased any of the above NO Prep lessons, you have the above lessons, but you do NOT have the supplemental activities.
This unit includes
• 7 PowerPoint presentations that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes
• 7 slotted notes pages so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentations (which includes carefully curated videos & links that will enrich the lessons) Editable slotted notes included!
• 7 informational reading passages about the US Revolutionary War
• 28 activities (4 per lesson) (key terms, dates & events, significant items, significant people, political cartoon, geographical connection, and a literacy connection) Three of the four activities PER lesson have two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• 7 quizzes
• answer keys for the slotted notes, activity pages, and the quizzes
PLUS THE FOLLOWING SUPPLEMENTAL ACTIVITIES:
• 7 graphic organizers
• 9 interactive notebook foldables
• 7 primary source analysis
• 80 vocabulary cards
• Simulation- No More Taxes!
• editable study guide with answer key
• editable unit test with answer key
• editable modified test with answer key
• teacher's guide with suggested pacing map
Specific reading skills in this unit are: relationships in a text/cause & effect; unknown words & phrases; citing textual evidence & making inferences; text structure; central ideas & summary;and integrating multiple sources of information.
You will be easily integrating reading with your social studies content because the 7 graphic organizers focus on one specific reading skill per organizer, AND students will be analyzing primary documents.
If you have purchased any of my NO PREP American Revolution lessons, please email me if you are unsure of what additional materials this unit includes.
++++++++++COMPLETE WORLD HISTORY CURRICULA Available
♦World War 1
♦World War 2
++++++++++COMPLETE US HISTORY CURRICULA Available
♦Yearlong US History Curriculum
♦US Civil War
==========No Prep Complete Lessons US History Available
♦American Civil War Unit Bundle
→Causes of the US Civil War
→Major Battles of the US Civil War
→The North & South US Civil War
→Abraham Lincoln US Civil War
→Key People of the US Civil War
♦American Revolution Unit Bundle
→Causes of the American Revolution
→Battles & Events of the American Revolution
→Declaration of Independence
→France's Role in the American Revolution
→Key People of the American Revolution VOL.1
→Key People of the American Revolution VOL.2
→Impacts of the American Revolution
==========No Prep Complete Lessons World History Available
♦World War I Unit Bundle
→Treaty of Versailles
→New Technologies & Weapons of WWI
→Causes of WWI
→Major Battles and Events of WWI
♦World War II Unit Bundle
→Causes of WWII
→Major European Battles of WWII
→Major Pacific Battles of WWII
→Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party
→The Manhattan Project
→Aftermath of WWII
♦Cold War Unit Bundle COMING SOON
Heather LeBlanc, LLC