American Revolution DBQ Reading and Writing using Primary Sources for PreAP
Also included in
- My US History resource bundle has lesson plans and activities for the entire year – from Exploration and Colonization to activities for the Civil War and Reconstruction. These resources are provided in a Google Slides format for 1:1 student learning. ✨Save money when you purchase the bundle now!✨Price $550.00Original Price $857.88Save $307.88
- Purchase all you need for your American Revolution Unit! In this bundle, you will receive all of my lessons that maximize learning in your Social Studies classroom. This is a must buy for the beginning teacher or a seasoned teacher looking to refresh their Social Studies lessons. This unit includePrice $74.99Original Price $102.43Save $27.44
- Keep your students engaged with lessons for the Colonization of America to the American Revolution. This bundle has it all! In addition to all of the resources, I have included modified versions for your ELL or SPED students. This also includes lessons designed for distance learning. *************Price $149.00Original Price $189.37Save $40.37
- My US History first semester bundle has lesson plans and activities for the fall – from Colonization to activities for the Constitution! Each of these US History lessons involve an Interactive Student Notebook component and are designed for maximum engagement for your students. You will also receiPrice $384.76Original Price $384.76
Dig deep into the content of the causes of the American Revolution while your students explore the essential question “Was the American Revolution Justified” through primary sources and background essays in this American Revolution DBQ. This DBQ is designed for a PreAP student. If you are looking for a DBQ for a regular class - please look at this version. If you would like both at the same time, you can find them here.
Students will begin this lesson with an anticipation guide and handout while they analyze the Principles of a Just War. They will then read a background essay and discuss the events leading to the American Revolution. After they have completed the graphic organizer, they will analyze different primary sources on three different documents. An outline is provided to guide students in the final step, writing an essay using the documents.
When you purchase this activity, you will receive:
-a PowerPoint to guide your lesson
-8 terms for your Word Wall
-a lesson plan including 8th grade TEKS and tips for implementation
-QR Codes to videos to support the content in the lesson
-an Anticipation Guide on the Principles of a Just War and a support reading
-a 4 page content rich timeline on the events leading to the American Revolution
-two different graphic organizers
-three primary source documents including poems, paintings, photographs and excerpts
-handouts for reading a DBQ and guiding students through the essay
Don't have time for a writing assignment? Consider placing your students into groups of 3 - assign each student a different topic and then debate the essential question!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
© Social Studies Success, LLC. This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden unless purchased with a site license. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a quote.
Please review all product descriptions and previews. If you have a question, contact me before you purchase at SocialStudiesSuccess1@gmail.com. As this is a digital product, all sales are final.