NINE American Revolution Lessons of Nonfiction Informational Text with a balanced mix of engaging hands-on activities + SEVENTEEN INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS to focus on causes of the Revolutionary War, Famous Revolutionists, American Revolution Battles in the North and South, the Declaration of Independence, and the end of the American Revolution:
The English Colonies
The French and Indian War
The Proclamation of 1763
Struggle for Power
Preparing for Battle
The American Revolution Begins
The Declaration of Independence
American Revolution Battles in the North
American Revolution Battles in the South
ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THIS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT:
• Questions after each lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
• Using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions to plot Southern Battles on a map
• Using Ordered Pairs to plot Northern Battles on a Coordinate Grid
• Differentiating between Primary and Secondary Sources
• Expository, Creative, and Journal Writing Assignments using Graphic Organizers
• American Revolution Time Lines utilizing Picture Cues-great for ELL Students!
• Caesar Rodney and Benjamin Franklin Biographies with follow-up Questions
• American Revolution Vocabulary Activities and Quizzes
Students will then use the American Revolution Content to complete SEVENTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments (all patterns and step-by-step instructions included!):
• TWO One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizers
• ONE English Colonies Circle Chart and Flip Book
• ONE Vocabulary Booklets
• ONE French and Indian War Four-Fold Organizer
• THREE Vocabulary Flaps
• ONE Chief Pontiac Find the Fib Game and Pocket Organizer
• TWO Vocabulary Foldables
• ONE Struggle for Power Interactive Time Line
• TWO Patriots and Loyalists Foldables
• ONE Declaration of Independence Pocket Time Line
• ONE Benjamin Franklin Journal Page and Interactive Booklet
• ONE Treaty of Paris Circle Web and Cube
The American Revolution, aligned with the 3rd-5th Grade Common Core READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards (see Preview for Standard Alignment), is one of NINE units in our American History Bundle. Purchase this American Revolution Interactive Notebook Unit individually or save money by purchasing the entire Common Core-aligned AMERICAN HISTORY ULTIMATE INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE
We've included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Writing Activities and Interactive Notebook Assignments.
Download the American Revolution Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Common Core Standard Alignment, as well as sample Lessons and Activities.
OUR OTHER COMMON CORE ALIGNED AMERICAN HISTORY UNITS:
NEW WORLD EXPLORERS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT
SPANISH EXPLORERS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT
13 COLONIES INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT
AMERICAN GOVERNMENT INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT
SLAVERY INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT
CIVIL WAR INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT
WESTWARD EXPANSION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT
WORLD WAR I INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT
AMERICAN HISTORY ULTIMATE INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2011-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.