Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.07 MB | 54 pages
From Electric English...
This is a packet on the American Revolution. The contents of the packet are great because they will allow you a diverse array of activities for the students. Or, allow you to mix things up from year to year. The packet contains:
- a group project on American revolutionaries
- an example to show the students for the group project
- a group project on The Declaration of Independence
- a writing project on The Declaration of Independence
- an example to show the students for the writing project
- a powerpoint of essential journal questions to go with activities
- a powerpoint on the American Revolution
- questions to accompany the powerpoint
- annotation exercise on The Bill of Rights
- Benjamin Franklin biography
- Benjamin Franklin Aphorism from "Poor Richard's Almanac"
- Benjamin Franklin and his 13 virtues
- Song: "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel
Everything in this packet can be applied to Common Core Standards, but whether you are a fan of the Core or not, all of these activities are great teaching practices. I have used all of this material over the years, mixing and matching depending on what I felt like, and how much time I had. I know that you will be pleased with the activities and your student's responses to them :)
Take this material and run with it!! If you have any questions or observations at all, please feel free to contact me :)