American Revolution Project: Social Studies Research Report Living History Museum
This is a NO PREP project that includes EVERYTHING you need to assign a project on a figure from the American Revolution!
I created this project for my 5th Graders. They really enjoyed it, and I felt that it helped them learn to work towards independently managing the process of doing a research report. It also allowed for an excellent opportunity to practice their public speaking skills! I hope it will do the same for your students!
Included in this pack:
• Detailed Project Explanations and Procedures for students and teacher.
• Checklist and Student Timeline for completing the project.
• Graphic Organizers for managing information gathering.
• Student Evaluation Checklist to ensure all pieces are included in project.
• List of specific questions students can research and be ready to answer the day of the “Living History Museum”.
• Grading Rubric to provide consistency in evaluating student work.
• List of Famous figures from the American Revolution students can choose from.
• Bibliography and Explorer Timeline links
• Handout for Guests of the Museum (with researched/specific questions) students will be able to answer easily.
I hope your students will enjoy this tool to help them create meaningful, well-researched social studies reports!