Will you explore the American Revolution with your students this year?
This American Revolution Reading Counts or Accelerated Reader BINGO project can be an engaging way to:
* integrate technology
* extend and enrich a Social Studies unit
* help students gain comfort and confidence reading nonfiction
* introduce students to historical fiction.
This classroom-tested project includes (all Google docs for you to copy into your own Google Drive):
* student Reading Counts or Accelerated Reader American Revolution BINGO board
* suggested titles and Lexile Level information for American Revolution topics and historical fiction suggestions
* student directions in checklist form to create the American Revolution RC or AR BINGO board in a Google doc or Word
* rubric to score each BINGO board
* sample bulletin board display poster
In our classroom, students were given approximately 3-5 weeks to complete this project, with time built into our daily routine to read independently, take Reading Counts quizzes, and visit our school library.
American Revolution RC BINGO projects completed by my students may be viewed on my classroom web site here: