Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This timeline activity gives students the opportunity to create their own timelines and plot events. This activity is perfect for interactive notebooks and does not require any handouts or copies.
1. The American Revolution starts at Lexington and Concord when American colonists
shoot at British troops.
2. American militia trap British troops in Boston and force them to leave with the
arrival of canons
3. Washington's troops are defeated in several battles in and near New York, but he
continuously saves them by retreating
4. Washington leads his army across the Delaware River on Christmas night and
defeats the surprised British troops at Trenton and Princeton
5. American troops defeat a large British army in Saratoga, which causes the French
to join the war on the side of the Americans.
6. American troops are trained to become a well ordered and disciplined fighting
force during the winter at Valley Forge.
7. The war shifts to the South, where the British win most of the battles against the
Continental army but lose many men.
8. The British surrender at Yorktown after being trapped by American and French
forces in the last major battle of the war.
9. The treaty of Paris between the United States and Britain officially ends the war.
1. notebook paper setup sample
2. very detailed and illustrated directions
3. eight key events about the early Reformation
4. an example timeline
5. answer key
Additional Materials Needed
a class set of rulers
• Please check the preview to make sure this product is right for you!
• This file is not editable; however, I will consider customizing my products per special request.
Consider Following My Store for Timely Updates
You can be the first to know about new product launches, free products and store discounts. Just click the red “Follow Me” star on my homepage.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me through the contact link.