This is a unit written specifically to meet the New Ohio Social Studies Standards for 4th grade (1, 2, and 4). However, these activities would work well in many other classroom at many other grade levels.
Activities included in this unit:
1. learning to make a timeline by writing about themselves
2. Class pictorial timeline for the causes of the American Revolution
3. Primary sources analysis for the Declaration Independence.
4. Analysis of the Declaration of Independence
5. Re-write of the Preamble to the Constitution
6. Collage activity for the ideas espoused by the Declaration and the Constitution