We created this activity set to ensure that the correct definitions are learned in thoughtful, fun and engaging ways. The activities in this mini-bundle are completely textbook independent. It comes with:
1. A definition sheet with words defined right in it! The12-16 words are both academic and content driven. Students are required to make meaning by re-phrasing the definition provided, create a synonym or antonym, and make a connection with other words in the list by drawing or writing (an example is included on the sheet).
Two alternative formats are also provided, a basic definitions format and a format based on Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligence theory.
2. An IN OTHER WORDS vocabulary matching game. The game comes with 16 words in pre-formatted cards, teacher directions, student directions and a winning team time display sheet.
3. A FUN on paper or PowerPoint driven Term Play Game! The class game that uses the same definitions. It's easy to operate and engaging! My students love this game!
4. A content and academic vocabulary quiz in both WORD and PDF. Includes answer key!
5. A content and academic vocabulary quiz- Students match definitions and infer meaning of words from short passages. Answer key included!
The definitions sheet and quiz comes in WORD and PDF so you can edit or add any words you would like.
☀ ☀ ☀ SAVE BIG! You can buy this activity set in a larger bundle of American Revolution resources at American Revolution Complete Unit Bundle. These resources are versatile and Common Core!☀ ☀ ☀
Tony Pavlovich, Instructomania