This American Revolution UNIT download includes a total of 10 **editable** PowerPoint presentations, 30+ graphic organizer pages, two quizzes, study guide and 4-page test (teacher key included). The quizzes, study guide and test are Word documents which can be modified or changed to meet the needs of your classroom.
By downloading this unit you are saving significantly more than if you were to buy each PowerPoint presentation and graphic organizer separately.
Here are the lessons found in the American Revolution unit:
Lesson 1: Olive Branch Petition
Lesson 2: Battle of Bunker Hill
Lesson 3: Declaration of Independence Part 1
Lesson 4: Declaration of Independence Part 2
Lesson 5: Battle of Long Island, Trenton and Princeton
Lesson 6: Battle of Saratoga
Lesson 7: John Paul Jones Battles of Vincennes Moore's Creek
Lesson 8: Battle of Kings Mtn, Cowpens, Guilford Court House
Lesson 9: Benedict Arnold and The Siege of Yorktown
Lesson 10: Treaty of Paris
UNIT: American Revolutionary War
Each PowerPoint presentation in this unit contains:
- Vocabulary (matched to the graphic organizer).
- Primary or secondary source excerpt(s) for students to interpret.
- An overall Thinking Focus Question (essential question).
- At least one or more: Make a Prediction, Make a Connection, and What Do You Think? questions.
Specific topics in this unit include:
- Ethan Allen
- Second Continental Congress
- Continental Army
- Olive Branch Petition
- The Battle of Bunker Hill
- Continental Army
- William Prescott
- Hessian mercenaries
- Benedict Arnold
- Common Sense
- Thomas Paine
- Thomas Jefferson
- John Hancock
- Declaration of Independence
- Natural Rights
- Battle of Long Island
- Nathan Hale
- The American Crisis
- Battle of Trenton
- Battle of Princeton
- German Hessians
- John Burgoyne
- Battle of Saratoga
- Horatio Gates
- Valley Forge
- King Louis XVI
- Treaty of Alliance
- George Rogers Clark
- Bernardo de Galvez
- John Paul Jones
- Bonhomme Richard
- Grand Union Jack
- Nathanael Greene
- Patrick Ferguson
- Daniel Morgan
- Battle of Kings Mountain
- Battle of Cowpens
- Battle of Guilford Court House
- Francis Marion
- General Henry Clinton
- Benedict Arnold
- Comte de Rochambeau
- Admiral Comte de Grasse
- Supply route
- Battle of Yorktown
- Charles Cornwallis
- Treaty of Paris
- Lord Frederick North
- Fraunces Tavern
- Mount Vernon
The companion 3-page graphic organizer that accompanies each PowerPoint presentation will help students organize, comprehend, and retain the information presented in the PowerPoint slides! Aligned to the Common Core standards, the well-designed graphic organizer consist of two pages entitled, “In-Class Note-Taking,” and one page entitled, “Applying My Knowledge.”
“In-Class Note-Taking” pages graphically organize the most important material in the PowerPoint presentations. These are the "nuts and bolts" upon which students should focus and take notes. Each graphic organizer is aligned to one or more of the Common Core standards.
“Applying My Knowledge” handout is designed to challenge students to apply the information they have learned from the PowerPoint presentations and the two page “In-Class Note-Taking” graphic organizer. The assignment incorporates higher-level thinking skills and asks students to actively “do” something with the information to demonstrate their learning. This page can be used for homework or completed in class the next day.
Be sure to follow my store by clicking on the GREEN STAR next to my ZoopDog picture to receive notifications of new products.
- This product may NOT be copied and distributed outside of the scope of your classroom.
- This product may NOT be uploaded to the Internet or stored in a public retrieval system outside of the scope of the project itself (ex. your district website, slideshare.com, wikispaces.com, slideguru.com, your own personal website, etc.
- You may store this on your teacher website only if it is password protected.
- The slides included in this resource may not be used to create something new, and or distributed in any way without written consent from the author.
Thanks for coming to my store!