This American Symbol unit was created to instruct my students in responding to non-fiction text. I use the printable books as my text and I have included printable paper for student’s response writing. I have created several ways to compile this research project, but this is my favorite. I love making this very large scrapbook. My students learn how to research, take notes, write a paragraph, and it just looks really cool hanging on my bulletin board.
What is included?
• Eight printable non-fiction books for the following American Symbols ready to print back to back
•The Liberty Bell
•The Statue of Liberty
•The White House
•The Capital Building
•The Washington Monument
•The Supreme Court
•The American Flag
• Flip books for research for each Symbol (instructions on how to print)
• Venn diagram to compare and contrast two symbols
• Printable writing paper
• Circle maps of different sizes for research
• Is, has, can tree maps for fact collection
• Pictures of each symbol for the scrapbook
• Instruction on how to make the scrapbook
Don’t forget to check out my Native American and weather unit.
Yvonne De Aguiar
United States Symbols
United States Landmarks
American Symbols Scrapbook
American Symbol Research