American Symbols Emergent Read, Trace and Write
The eleven sentences are the following:
1. A symbol is something that stands for something else.
2. The U.S. flag is an American symbol.
3. Each star stands for one of the fifty states.
4. The Liberty Bell is a symbol of freedom.
5. The Statue of Liberty stands for freedom and hope.
6. The bald eagle stands for the strength and beauty of America.
7. The Washington Monument was built in honor of George Washington.
8. The four presidents carved on Mount Rushmore stand for strength and liberty.
9. The White House is a symbol of the President of the United States.
10. The Lincoln Memorial is a tribute to Abraham Lincoln.
11. The Capitol Building stands for democracy and the American people.
There are 3 versions available, read, trace or read & print (tracing lines included). Choose the version that best suits your students’ needs.
The pages are in portrait format and measure 8.5 x 11. Students will color, cut and staple the book together.
* Also included are 2 Q&A Dry eraser mats with 6 questions. Laminate and use with a dry erase marker.
*** If you plan on sharing this resource, please purchase the appropriate number of licenses.
The Kinder Kids Store