Here is what I am including in this BUNDLE:
- Progressive PPT (3 different 18+ slide PPT)
- 6 Videos that are about General Custer, Sand Creek Massacre, Wounded Knee, Black Hills and Battle of Little Bighorn and Battle of Little Bighorn.
- Gift Assignment- Great way for students to put together all the information from this chapter. Could be used as an assessment.
- 4 Different Crash Course video guides for the time period
- Bonus: Common Core lesson
- Paragraph Prompts for US History
This product is also included in a bundle that has all of my best-selling FIRST SEMESTER OF US HISTORY
or try my
This unit is taught right before I teach the PROGRESSIVE ERA. It sums up things nicely and includes lots of options in teaching this time period. THE PROGRESSIVE ERA BUNDLE
- 1. 18 SLIDE PPT x 3
I have spent a lot of time putting this together. This presentation is in both PPT/Keynote. It deals with the people of the west, exploration, the push /pull theory of how to get people to move west, and Indian Wars. This PPT takes 2 45 minute days to complete.
- 2. VIDEOS FOR THE PPT
I love 3-10 minute clips that I can embed in my PPT. They are engaging and draw the students into the material. I have included the following videos:
- Sand Creek Massacre
- Battle of Little Bighorn
- Black Hills and Little Bighorn
- Custer's Last Stand ( 2 parts)
- Wounded Knee
- 3. GIFT ASSIGNMENT
Students get to draw what they learned to show they understand the material. They do not get judged on their drawings but on the quality of their work and whether or not they have included all the words for the unit.
- 4. CRASH COURSE VIDEO GUIDES
I am including Crash Course US History video guides for Ep. 25, 26, and 27.
CRASH COURSE EP. 26
Here is what is included in this 4 page download:
- 1. Note Taking Guide for Students:
This is essentially a blank section to take notes in.
- 2. Summary of the Video:
A place for the students to write a short summary of what they have watched.
- 3. Teacher Notes from the:
My 1 page of notes.
- 4. Quiz for students / with answers:
There is a 10 question quiz with answers from the episode. It can be taken in class or taken home. I think in class would be better.
In which John Green teaches you a bit about the 4th of July. In this special short Crash Course, John celebrates American Independence Day by teaching you how the holiday came to be on the 4th of July, and the many ways that Americans celebrate the day. This is a little different than the normal Crash Course episode, so be prepared.
- 5. BONUS
I am including a great common core lesson that is free online as I am not selling this just including it as a freebee regarding the Battle of Little Bighorn.
- 6. PARAGRAPH PROMPTS –
These some good ideas to have your students write about during the course of the year. They are apart of my free download that is in my store.
Make sure to check out my blog: Social Studies MegaStore Blog