This is the PERFECT way to practice or assess latitude and longitude. Inspired by my personal love for NCIS and a need to engage my students in latitude and longitude, I developed this unique activity.
In this activity, students are detectives chasing a bank robber. The robber is on a cross-country adventure and students are only given bits of information about where he's been from cellphone location pings and basic background information about the robber. After reading the story, students will have TEN MINUTES (suggested time) to find the robber! (Time is to trace path and predict final location - does not include time to write answer.)
- Trace the robber's path from the given latitude and longitude coordinates.
- Predict where the robber is headed.
- Use evidence to support their answers.
- Write their prediction with evidence.
- Complete activity within 10 minutes (not including writing)!
Students MUST back up their answer with evidence or their team will not be deployed!
Comes with story, map with basic latitude and longitude, space for writing, and answer key.
**Easy to scaffold up or down as needed!**