Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.15 MB | 30 pages
Amigo Brothers Short Story Bundle
This is a very comprehensive bundle of instructional resources and activities related to the short story, Amigo Brothers. This lesson focuses on cooperative learning and is aligned to United States Common Core Curriculum Standards. I think your students will enjoy this bundle which includes:
1) A scavenger hunt for information: This is 40 question active reading scavenger hunt where students actively hunt for information in the story and analyze it in depth while they read. They must provide textual evidence to support their answers. This scavenger hunt is meant to enhance enjoyment and check for understanding. Answer sheets are included.
2) A figurative language workshop and two worksheets and quizzes. They contain 35 examples of the figurative language found in the short story
3) A vocabulary activity called, “Word Detective.” where students act as vocabulary detectives as they try and determine the meaning of new words. First they will use contextual clues to predict the meaning of new words from how they are used in actual passages from the story. Then they will use a thesaurus or dictionary to check comprehension and find synonyms. Answer sheet is included
4) A comprehensive crossword puzzle related to characters, events, figurative language, and vocabulary, in the story. An answer puzzle is included
5) An Active Reading Foreshadowing Graphic Organizer. After students read the story, they scan it again to track hints or clues that foreshadow that Laurie is actually Charles.
6) An Elements of a Short Story Graphic Organizer/story map: An active reading graphic organizer that helps your students identify and chart the literary elements in the story as they read.