NOTE: To see preview images of each topic included in this custom bundle, please click on each individual topic itself. We have included one preview video that explains how the Unlectured Series works, and it uses the topic "Mitosis" (included in this bundle) as an example.
What is a custom Unlectured Series Bundle?
This is a bundle that contains specific Unlectured series topics requested by an educator. Unlike our 18 topic bundle, this custom bundle has only specific topics (please see specific listing above). This custom bundle has listed above.
Can I request a different custom Unlectured Series Bundle?
If you are interested in topics from our first Unlectured Series that you would like made available in a custom bundle, you can let us know on our Product Q&A tab. We can create the custom bundle and list it publicly for any educators who may be interested in purchasing. [Updated Feb 2020: in order for us to be able to manage custom bundle requests, we require a minimum of 4 individual items in it.]
General Details About Custom Unlectured Series Topic Bundle:
• Custom bundles contain specific, educator requested topics of our Unlectured Series. Please check that the topics listed are the topics you are interested in purchasing.
• The list price price you see crossed out is the sum if the topics were purchased separately. Therefore, the actual bundle price is discounted from purchasing the topics it lists separately. The percentage discount on our custom bundles should be similar to the discount offered on our 18 topic Unlectured Series bundle as we try to keep the discount percentages very similar.
• This is NOT a growing bundle so any additional topics that we make (which would be part of a second series) would not be included in this bundle.
• Each topic in the bundle is a zip file. Each zip file contains (1) its own facilitation guide, (2) its own annotated video script template, and (3) its own Unlectured slideshow. For more details about what is inside each topic, you can visit the individual TpT product page for each specific topic.
• All topics have a folder called “freebies.” ALL "freebies” folders have an Unlectured Series spinner and “Unanswered Questions sheet.” Therefore, you will see those SAME items enclosed within the “freebies” folder of ALL topics---they are not unique as they are meant to be used with all topics. Some topics additionally have extra freebies that pertain specifically to that topic.
• If we find any need to add a clarification to a topic from feedback---or an identified typo--- the topic can be immediately edited and it will also be edited in this bundle so you can always have the most up-to-date version of these topics through the TpT platform. This is definitely an advantage of not being a large publishing company where edits would likely take more time.
Purpose of Unlectured Series:
Our Unlectured Series offers an alternative to lecturing on a topic by promoting questioning, student discussion, and student creation. The series is designed to be used in place of traditional lecturing, and all topics are designed to be used as part of a science course that already offers hands-on lab experiences. In addition, many portions are very useful as part of revisiting as end of year/final exam review.
What You’ll Need:
• Access to YouTube (to correspond to our free videos for each topic) for either you to show the short clip to students or students to view individually
• Highlighters or Colored Pencils for annotations on the Annotated Video Script Templates
• Student access to the internet is helpful for many topics, but it is essential for the Body System Functions topic as the "create" portion requires students to research.
• Paper is required as a minimum for the suggested “create” activities at the end of each topic, although technology tools can be used instead (and may offer more student creativity options and collaboration ability). Some of the “create” activities may call for scissors. Some optional (but not required) tools that can be helpful for some of the “create” activities include playdough or free technology tools. You can find out more about the “create” activities on any of the individual Unlectured Series topics product pages.
• A classroom environment where students feel safe and empowered to discuss topics where students may do more of the talking than the teacher.
We are passionate about teaching with questioning and discussion! However, this may not be for everyone. Please note: this supplement may NOT be ideal if:
• you are wanting a traditional slideshow of information (this is definitely not that)
• the content on our free Amoeba Sisters videos on YouTube are not sufficient (all topics use the video content as a foundation---you can view our free videos on our Amoeba Sisters YouTube channel in advance to see if they are a good fit for your course)
• you cannot open zip files (each topic is a zip file)
After purchasing this product, all components can be used for all your classes indefinitely. However, it is licensed to you and cannot be distributed except to your own students. Like most TpT resources, none of these can be made publicly available online as this would then make it impossible for us to continue to support ourselves. If used online, please ensure it is only shared with your classes online (ex: password protected) and NOT publicly accessible. If you like this resource and want your school to be able to purchase, TpT does accept school purchase orders. Also, check out TpT for Schools, a platform that allows schools/districts to have accounts and be able to purchase items with their funds.