Amoeba Sisters Unlectured Series- DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
Also included in
- ⭐ For those that have asked if there was a way to just purchase all the official Amoeba Sisters resources that we have created for TpT up to a certain point in time- this is it! This is a mega bundle that has ALL of our active, official Amoeba Sisters TpT resources up to MAY 2023. This is not a growPrice $347.03Original Price $433.79Save $86.76
What is the Amoeba Sisters Unlectured Series?
After completing our 1st series of 18 topics, we are now back to creating with our 2nd series! Our 2nd series focuses on individual body systems or body processes. Please see our video preview at the top of this product page to learn about what our Unlectured Series is all about! As the video preview mentions, the preview video uses the 'mitosis' topic (our first Unlectured Series topic) as an example. However, we have placed 2 images from the slideshow portion in the preview specifically that you can view.
Our Unlectured Series are NOT like our video handouts, as you will see in the product video, but they are designed to work with one of our individual Amoeba Sisters biology videos. In addition to more info below, we also have a FAQ on our website.
Purpose of Unlectured Series:
Our Unlectured Series offers an alternative to lecturing on a topic by promoting questioning, student discussion, and student creation. The series are designed to be used in place of traditional lecturing, and they are designed to be used as part of a science course that already offers hands-on lab experiences. In addition, many portions are very useful as part of revisiting as end of year/final exam review.
We are passionate about teaching with questioning and discussion! However, this may not be for everyone.
Please note: this supplement may NOT be ideal if:
• you are wanting a traditional slideshow of information (this is definitely not that)
• the content on our free Amoeba Sisters Digestive System video on YouTube is not sufficient (this is based on this content).
• you do not have access to YouTube in your classroom (viewing the short, free video clip on YouTube is recommended before students complete annotated script template)
• you cannot open zip files (this is all in one zip file)
What this Unlectured Series is Designed to Do
• Provide information in an engaging, question format. While designed to be the first time students have seen the topic, these can additionally be used for end of year reviewing as well.
• Encourage active student discussion of topics through questioning.
• Emphasize the importance of “why this content is important?” and “how is this useful in our world?"
• Use comics/cartoons that are relevant to students (and sometimes humorous) so that they are memorable.
• Be versatile! The Unlectured slideshow can be placed in a variety of digital tools. (Tool is not the focus)
What’s Included in Zip Folder
• Annotated Video Script TEMPLATE for Amoeba Sisters Digestive System video
• Unlectured Slideshow for Digestive System
While it is in the format of a PowerPoint, it can be placed in other tools. Slideshow questions/images are NOT designed to be editable so that it can be used in other tools without formatting issues- however, you can always choose to add on if desired. Note: some minor features such as spinner/linked table of contents may not work in other tools.)
• Freebie Unanswered Question Template, Number Spinner
• In Depth Facilitation Guide
What You’ll Need
• Access to YouTube (to correspond to our free video) for either you to show the short clip to students or students to view individually
• Highlighters or Colored Pencils for annotation on the Annotated Video Script Template
• A classroom environment where students feel safe and empowered to discuss topics where students may do more of the talking than the teacher.
After purchasing this product, all components can be used for all your classes indefinitely. However, it is licensed to you and cannot be distributed except to your own students. Like most TPT resources, it cannot be made publicly available online as this would then make it impossible for us to continue to support ourselves. If used online, please ensure it is only shared with your classes online and not publicly accessible. If you like this resource and want your school to be able to purchase, TPT accepts school PO orders. Also, check out TpT for schools!