Also included in
- NOTE: We have a general Unlectured Series video (above) so you can get an idea of the general sequence of items found in our Unlectured Series topics. The specific topic that this video shows is “Mitosis,” which is one of the 18 topics in this bundle.This bundle contains the 18 topics of our 1st ser$113.46$141.82Save $28.36
- ⭐For those that have asked if there was a way to just purchase all the official Amoeba Sisters resources that we offer on TpT - this is it! This is a mega bundle that has ALL of our active, official Amoeba Sisters TpT resources up to FEBRUARY 2022. This is not a growing bundle. The items listed here$299.99$415.72Save $115.73
NOTE: We have a general Unlectured Series video (above) to preview the general sequence of items that is in all of our Unlectured Series topics. As the video preview mentions, the preview video uses the 'mitosis' topic (our first Unlectured Series topic) as an example. However, we have placed two images from the slideshow portion in the preview images specifically that you can view.
Purpose of Unlectured Series:
Our Unlectured Series offers an alternative to lecturing on a topic by promoting questioning, student discussion, and student creation. The series is designed to be used in place of traditional lecturing, and all topics are designed to be used as part of a science course that already offers hands-on lab experiences. In addition, many portions are very useful as part of revisiting as end of year/final exam review.
We are passionate about teaching with questioning and discussion! However, this may not be for everyone. Please note: this supplement may NOT be ideal if:
• you are wanting a traditional slideshow of information (this is definitely not that)
• the content on our free Amoeba Sisters Enzymes video on YouTube is not sufficient (this is based on this content)
• you do not have access to YouTube in your classroom (viewing the short, free video clip on YouTube is recommended before students complete annotated script template)
• you cannot open zip files (this is all in one zip file)
What this Unlectured Series is Designed to Do
• Provide information in an engaging, question format. While designed to be the first time students have seen the topic, these can additionally be used for end of year reviewing as well.
• Encourage active student discussion of topics through questioning.
• Emphasize the importance of “why this content is important?” and “how is this useful in our world?"
• Use comics/cartoons that are relevant to students (and sometimes humorous) so that they are memorable.
• Be versatile! The Unlectured slideshow can be placed in a variety of digital tools. (Tool is not the focus)
What’s Included in Zip Folder
• Annotated Video Script TEMPLATE for Enzymes
• Unlectured Slideshow for Enzymes (While it is in the format of a PowerPoint, it can be placed in other tools. Slideshow questions/images are NOT designed to be editable so that it can be used in other tools without formatting issues- however, you can always choose to add on if desired. Note: some minor features such as spinner/linked table of contents may not work in other tools)
• Freebie Enzyme and Substrate Models Template, Unanswered Question Template, Number Spinner
• Facilitation Guide
What You’ll Need
• Access to YouTube (to correspond to our free video) for either you to show the short clip to students or students to view individually
• Highlighters or Colored Pencils for annotation on the Annotated Video Script Template
• A classroom environment where students feel safe and empowered to discuss topics where students may do more of the talking than the teacher.
• There is an optional "create" activity at the end of all of our topics. This particular one highly suggests play dough (if available), but we have included paper model templates if play dough is not available. Students would need scissors if using the included paper model.
After purchasing this product, all components can be used for all your classes indefinitely. However, it is licensed to you and cannot be distributed except to your own students. Like most TPT resources, it cannot be made publicly available online as this would then make it impossible for us to continue to support ourselves. If used online, please ensure it is only shared with your classes online and not publicly accessible. If you like this resource and want your school to be able to purchase, TPT does accept school purchase orders. Also check out TpT for Schools!