I created this game for my drama club, and I figured I should share it with the TPT world too! Our club has been having weekly Zoom meetings, and there was one thing on their minds lately...a new and popular game called Among Us.
We realized through discussion that Among Us truly is a great game to play in drama.
We played a few rounds together on our phones and it was a blast.
However, my students asked me if I could come up with a way to play an Among Us game "in real life".
Well, in Zoom at least.
So, I got to work! I created this game for them, and much to my happiness - they really enjoyed it, and have asked to play it every single week.
This resource is an instruction manual of sorts. It has all the knowledge and details that you will need in order to play the game successfully.
A few things about this game...
1. It does take some getting use to! I highly suggest playing the mobile game first with your group. An instructor who does not know the basics of Among Us may feel very lost in coordinating this game.
2. You can adjust it to fit your students. Feel free to change the tasks and add your own flair to the game.
3. The teacher plays the role of moderator. There are aspects of this game that are based on the honor system. It will be your job to observe and make a judgement call on what is fair. (It should be noted that, in my experience, most students will willingly stick to the rules!)
4. It's just for fun! Even though the instructions are initially daunting, I was surprised at how quickly my students picked this up. It really is all about having a good and silly time. My student's were not "in it to win it". Rather, they just truly enjoyed "playing their parts".
5. This game also relies on a solid knowledge of Zoom. Knowing how to manage the chat feature, understanding how to create and launch polls, etc...
6. This game is best suitable for 8 to 10 players. However, you can try to alter it for more participants if you are up to the challenge! I highly suggest that the age range of your participants is fifth grade or higher as it can get pretty complex.
I hope you and your students have as much fun as we did with this little Zoom creation of mine!
We've been making the most of online learning, that's for sure!
If you are looking for other virtual drama club games, whether it be simpler games or games for the younger crowd, be sure to check out my store!