Who doesn't love the classic friendship tale in the story Amos and Boris of Amos the mouse and Boris the whale? This product is intended for use with the Common Core exemplar text Amos and Boris by William Steig. The unit contains Common Core based questions for every chapter as well as space for students to record answers.
This unit includes:
* Common Core Standards printed on every page of the unit
* Six days of open ended questions for students to complete
* Two open ended questions for each day's reading
* Ten vocabulary words with student-friendly definitions, vocabulary practice pages, synonym matching, a vocabulary crossword and a vocabulary matching quiz
* Venn diagram to compare and contrast Amos and Boris
* Two writing assignments: Comparing and contrasting Amos and Boris, and a short story about a future adventure that the characters share.
If you like this product, please follow my store and check out my other Common Core Reading units!
Boy Were We Wrong About Dinosaurs Common Core Reading Unit
Tops and Bottoms Reading Unit
The Raft Common Core Reading Unit
Lighthouse Family The Storm Reading Unit
Sarah Plain and Tall Reading Unit
Charlotte's Web Common Core Reading Unit