This report template contains worksheets, organizers, tools and forms to use for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess your students’ Amphibian research report. This report (or performance task) is also designed to not only to learn and explain the new information, but answer some higher level thinking questions (Common Core Essential Questions) to apply the knowledge they have learned.
This report package is designed to have your students research, write about, and illustrate amphibians to complete this report.
A simple rubric and student checklist is included. You can also add to this report by asking your students to do a model or large poster on amphibians as well.
You can use this report template in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the questions that you wish to use and tailor it to your students’ needs. This package contains the following amphibian report elements:
1. Title Page- Templates Provided-Topic, student’s name, and teacher’s name) We created grayscale version if you can’t copy in color.
2. What is an amphibian?
3. How long ago did amphibians appear earth? Is there any fossil evidence to prove when they began to exist?
4. There are three major types or categories of amphibians. Please write the important facts and information about each type and illustrate each one.
5. Describe the typical diet of amphibians. Where are amphibians in the food chain or food web?
6. How do amphibians get their oxygen to live?
7. Describe typical habitats of amphibians?
8. What is the largest amphibian and describe it.
9. What are the major threats to amphibians? Are their numbers declining and are they becoming endangered? If so, why?
10. Label and illustrate the life cycle of the majority of amphibians.
11. Compare and contrast the amphibian’s body structure to other vertebrates and describe their similarities and differences.
12. There are many myths about frogs. What is one myth about frogs that you have found in your research?
13. Compare and contrast amphibians and reptiles. What are their similarities and differences?
14. On which continents do amphibians live?
15. What are some interesting or unusual facts about amphibians?
16. If you got to be an amphibian for a day, what would your day be like? Describe a typical day for an amphibian and how would it be different than a typical day in your life?
17. A “Circle Map” has been included for your students to write down some basic, preliminary information about amphibians.
18. Blank paper to add to any of the questions if more room is needed.
19. Additional Information page for any other facts not discussed in other areas of the report if needed.
20. Ideas on how to research your report
21. Note taking bullet form template
22. Note taking lined form template
23. Resource pages and Bibliography Template
24. Student Checklist for editing and revising
25. Rubric for Performance Task Assessment
26. Common Core ELA Standard
27. Teacher Notes
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Copyright 2013 Carol Beaumont
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display. Commercial License Number 1012173667“Graphics &/or Fonts Copyright Dianne J. Hook.” www.djinkers.com
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Social Studies Research Report Bundle
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Planet Research Report
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Thirteen Colonies Regional Inquiry Based Research Report
Common Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Country Report Packet
Volcano Research Report
Dinosaur Research Report
Insect Research Report
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺