Amphibians Warm Ups
Also included in
- No Prep Biology Warm Ups. Bundled Set Part 3: ANIMAL KINGDOM BUNDLE. Includes invertebrate phyla and the five class of vertebrates. Perfect for warm ups, homework assignments, or inserts into your interactive notebooks.Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science tPrice $49.99Original Price $70.45Save $20.46
- This resources consists of ONE FULL YEAR of Biology No Prep Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, and Inserts for Interactive Notebooks. This is a huge bundle of 35 sets of warm ups and bell ringers covering all chapters in a typical biology textbook:Introduction to ScienceCell Structure and FunctionEcologyGenetPrice $182.00Original Price $254.88Save $72.88
Amphibians: No Prep Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, and Inserts for Interactive Notebooks. These warm ups cover the adaptations needed for life on land, the characteristics and evolution of the amphibians, external and internal frog anatomy, body systems, metamorphosis, and more!
No gluing, cutting or folding required! Maximize your instruction time!
This resource includes 27 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your unit on amphibians.
How can these be used?
- Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
- Exit Slips
- Additions to Interactive Notebooks
- Homework assignments
- Tutoring and review
- Short daily quizzes
- Perfect for early finishers
- Completed notebook is ideal for semester exam review.
Try before you buy. Click here to download a free sample of my warm ups, bell ringers, and interactive notebook pages. The sample pack includes pages from many of my warm up units.
Please note that this product is also sold in two different bundles.
You can view the bundles by clicking these links:
Warm-Ups and Bell Ringers for BUNDLE Part 3: THE ANIMAL KINGDOM
ONE FULL YEAR of Biology Warm Ups, Bell ringers, and Interactive Notebook Pages
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
Included in this product:
- 27 warm-up or bell-ringer activities (27 pages)
- Complete answer keys (27 Teacher Answer Pages)
- 5-page Teacher Guide
- Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
- Editable templates for starting your own interactive, warm up notebooks.
Please Note: These warm-ups are designed to take 5-7 minutes to complete. They are used for review and reinforcement of key concepts, but are not intended to be used as first-time instruction. Students will need prior instruction and/or textbook to complete these warm ups. This resource contains pages that can be used as warm ups, bell ringers, inserts for your interactive notebooks, homework assignments, or classwork.
This resource does not include teaching materials such as textbook readings, informational text readings, or a teaching PowerPoint.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
These warm up / interactive notebook pages are perfect for students in grades 8 - 12. The pages range in difficulty from very basic to more advanced, making these suitable for upper middle school, high school biology or life science classes.
The 27 student pages include the following titles:
- Life on Land
- Evolution of Amphibians 1
- Evolution of Amphibians 2
- Orders of Amphibians
- Amphibian External Anatomy
- Internal Anatomy 1
- Internal Anatomy 2
- Internal Anatomy 3
- The Amphibian Skeleton
- Heart and Circulatory System 1
- Heart and Circulatory System 2
- Heart and Circulatory System 3
- Respiratory System
- The Amphibian Mouth
- Digestive System 1
- Digestive System 2
- Excretory System
- Nervous System
- Reproductive System
- Thinking Critically About Fish
- Review: What’s the Relationship?
- Review the Vocabulary!
- Review: Multiple Choice
- Review: Fill in the Blanks
- Review: True and False
- Review: Short Answer
The above titles will cover the following information:
- Life on Land: Definition of the term “amphibian”, major characteristics of amphibians, ways amphibians are adapted to life on land, reasons why amphibians are still tied to a watery environment.
- Evolution of Amphibians: Early ancestors, lungfish, evolving into modern amphibians.
- Orders of the Class Amphibia: Anura, Urodela, and Apoda.
- Amphibian External Anatomy
- Amphibian Internal Anatomy: Three separate drawings of the internal anatomy are provided for student labeling.
- The amphibian skeleton: Ways the skeleton is adapted for life on land.
- Frog Heart and Circulatory System: single circulation, double circulation, advantage of double circulation, chambers of the frog heart, pulmonary circulation, systemic circulation, disadvantage of the three-chambered heart.
- The Amphibian Mouth: Students are provided with a drawing to label, maxillary teeth, vomerine teeth, nostrils, eustachian tube, vocal cords, gullet, glottis, tongue, eye sockets.
- Digestive system: Feeding habits of tadpoles and frogs, function of digestive system, organs of the digestive system.
- Respiratory System: Functions of respiratory system, gills, lungs, skin, pulmonary respiration, cutaneous respiration, inflating the lungs, positive pressure breathing.
- Excretory system: Organs of the excretory system, functions of the excretory system, kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder, ammonia wastes, urea, how to deal with excretion in water and on land.
- Nervous system: Functions of the parts of the brain, spinal cord, nictitating membrane, tympanic membrane.
- Frog Reproduction: Why amphibians return to water to mate, courtship behaviors of frogs, metamorphosis, drawing of the stages of metamorphosis, changes that occur from egg to adult.
- Thinking critically: Critical thinking and problem solving questions about amphibians.
- 6 pages of review: Multiple Choice, Fill in the Blank, Review the Vocabulary, What’s the Relationship, Short Answer and Modified True/False.
Click these links to view other available units:
Introduction to Science Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Cell Structure, Function, and Physiology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Ecology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Genetics Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Evolution and Classification Warm Ups
Viruses and Bacteria Interactive Notebook Pages or Warm Ups
Interactive Notebooks Big Bundled Set Part 1
The Fungi: Interactive Notebook and Warm Up Pages
Protista Kingdom Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: An Introduction Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Skeletal, Muscular and Integumentary Systems
The Human Body: Circulatory System Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: Respiratory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Digestive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Excretory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Immune System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Nervous System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Endocrine System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Reproductive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body BIG BUNDLED set of Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
Plant Evolution and Classification Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Structure and Function Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Reproduction and Plant Response Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 2
Introduction to Animals Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Porifera and Cnidaria Warm Ups and Interactive Notebooks
Platyhelminthes and Nematoda Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Mollusca and Phylum Annelida
Phylum Echinodermata Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Introduction to the Chordates and the Fish
The Reptiles Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Class Aves - The Birds Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Mammals ~ Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, Interactive Notebook Pages
Animal Behavior Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 3
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store: