Amphibians and Reptiles: Science, Math, Language, and Movement
This is an amazing package of resources if you want to teach students about amphibians and reptiles. Check out all the audio files, video files, and presentations that make presenting information to a variety of students easy.
A teacher presentation* that's been recorded as a movie introduces amphibians and reptiles. Choose from three note taking options. Sort images of animals by one rule and then two rules to practice comparing and contrasting animals. Short essays are included with three reading levels in English and two in Spanish. All are recorded. Four assessment options make it easier to assess student understanding: a quick assessment, a pencil-and-paper assessment, suggestions for the struggling student and the capable student.
Designed for a primary student in mind, it's easy to use the activities for older students, especially with the advanced reading level essay.
Scale up images of amphibians and reptiles to create an "army" of frogs.
Each student creates a page in an ABC book. Introductory essays that have been recorded help students get started. Pages with a line image of the animal to color and lines for text make it easy for students create pages.
Move like a frog! Brainstorm how animals move. Watch videos of amphibians moving above and below water.
A great way to get started teaching students about frogs, toads, newts, lizards, and more!
Would you like to introduce your students to animals? Consider these units in our store: BUTTERFLIES, FROGS, BIRDS, ARTHROPODS, WHALES, and CATS.
Thanks for visiting my Simply Science store. Please take a moment to leave a comment when you purchase a product.
– • – ♥ – • –
Differentiate for your math students with simple, fun games in our Simply Math store.
– • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • –
Click on the ★ next to the name of my store to follow me and find out about sales and new products.
– • – • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • – • –
Visit my blog to find resources for new teachers and "I'd like to teach more science" teachers!
RESOURCES IN OUR STORE FOR AMPHIBIANS
• An Introduction to Amphibians and Reptiles - science, math, language, movement
• All About Amphibians - feet, colors, anatomy of a frog
• More About Amphibians - habitat, life cycle, food chain
• Food Chain Mobile for a Frog
• Life Cycle Mobile for a Frog - FREE
• Life Cycle Word Wall terms and definitions
• Resources for Teaching the Life Cycle of a Frog
• Resources for Teaching about Frogs - puzzles, language ideas, word wall terms and definitions, parent letters, coloring page
* Copyright free or Creative Commons Share Alike - Use as you like, just don't sell the images!!