This product is a supplement to Amplify Science’s Plate Motion Engineering Internship. You only have permission to download this product if your school has purchased a subscription to Amplify Science. For more information about Amplify Science, go to https://www.amplify.com/programs/amplify-science/.
This product includes 10 PowerPoints for the Plate Motion Engineering Internship for Amplify Science. Each PowerPoint has about 14-32 slides with teacher notes on most slides. It was created using the newest version of Microsoft PowerPoint. Each PowerPoint was created directly from the Teacher’s Guide so that
- the key information, images, and activities are in order for each lesson.
- the lesson keeps moving forward more efficiently.
- you wouldn’t have to keep referring back to the teacher’s guide.
- it provides a visual for students who have difficulties maintaining focus, especially during the many “Teacher Discussion” sections.
- you don’t have to be online in order to present most lessons.
- the teacher can edit most slides, delete slides, rearrange slides, and add more notes or information as needed.
A few notes:
- These presentations closely follow the Teacher’s Manual for the unit. If your class is 45 minutes, you will have to cut out slides on some lessons in order to complete them in one class period.
- I created this using Office 365, but I have Office 10 on my laptop at school. I have to make some slight font size changes to some slides and move a few items here and there. However, the majority of the slides transfer perfectly.
- The Amplify videos are not included in the PowerPoints, but I did leave a slide for where the video is supposed to go. I highly suggest downloading the videos ahead of time from the Amplify website and inserting them into the PowerPoints. Otherwise, you can just open the video from the Amplify website the day of the lesson and show it that way.
- I find it very helpful to insert a digital timer on the pages that students need to be working independently or in groups.
- In order to protect Amplify’s material, most of the worksheets purposely have lower resolution or have been flattened so they can’t be printed. If you need a better resolution for a certain slide, copy and paste the worksheet or image from the Amplify website for your own classroom use.