A fun pack full of materials for implementing your own literacy night! Invite parents and families to participate in 8 fun amusement themed activities including reading, writing, listening, speaking, and creating!
Includes editable pages in a editable pdf format. These pages can be edited with Adobe Reader. See below for specifics.
This resource includes...
- Tips/Pointers for putting materials together
- A planning worksheet (blank and filled in to help you prepare!)
- Flyer to notify families of event
- 3 versions of punch cards
- Posters for 8 different stations
- One poster for stations to direct traffic
- Bumper Car Tickets
- Family Reading Pledge Flag for bunting display
- Reading is the Thrill of a Lifetime Bookmarks
- A directions sign for each of 8 stations
- Sign-in sheet for volunteers/faculty to sign in
- Materials for the following eight stations:
Build a word game to play to learn about compound words!
Create your own tiny bumper car treat and write a list of onomatopoeia.
All Around the Park
Write a story about a visit to an amusement park and make it into a paper chain!
Up and Over the Coaster
Read a fun partner play.
Read Around the Carousel
Read different genres around the reading carousel!
The Concession Stand
Brainstorm words using concession stand inspiration.
Match words by matching ducks from the pond. (2 versions: rhyming words and synonyms)
Listen to an interesting story. Then, draw and write how you would feel on a roller coaster!
Editable pages include:
- Planning sheet
- Event flyer
- Stations Directory Page (Park Attractions)
- Punch cards (3 versions)
- Stations Directions Page
- Station Name Sign
- Genre sign for carousel baskets (4 different versions)
- Word cards/images for Duck Pond game
*These pages include editable text components and are not necessarily completely editable*
This product, once purchased, is licensed to be used in one school. Additional school must purchase additional licenses.
Feedback is appreciated! Follow my store for updates!