This set of Boom Cards features 68 cards all about Amusement Parks. Students will answer questions to identify text features or their purpose and respond to basic comprehension questions. These digital self-checking Boom Cards are such a great way for students to enjoy learning more about Ferris wheels, roller coasters, and water parks.
The Boom Cards include:
- 68 multiple-choice cards with a magazine-style layout for reading selections.
- Task cards feature photographs and images of amusement park rides.
- Students will identify the text features used in the passages.
- Students will identify the purpose of the text features used in the passages.
- Students will complete basic comprehension questions.
- 28 cards focus on text features and 40 focus on content.
- The features used in this resource include article, bold print, bulleted list, caption, closeup, fact box, glossary, graph, illustration, italics, map, photograph, table, and title.
- The magazine articles are about the beginning of the roller coaster, wood vs steel coasters, how coasters work, how Ferris Wheels began, how a Ferris Wheel works, the first wave pools, water slides, and more.
Your Guide includes:
- Link for redeeming your Boom set
- Directions for redeeming (in case you need them)
- Answer Key
- Text Features Glossary
- The page count includes 68 task cards.
Check the preview for a SAMPLE!
Boom Task Cards will require no printing, cutting out, or laminating. These sets are perfect for:
- At-Home Learning
- Small group time
- Morning work
- Early Finishers
- Test Review and practice
THIS IS A DIGITAL RESOURCE. PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION TELLING YOU MORE ABOUT THIS RESOURCE.
You must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires.
For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks.
For additional assignment options, you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
You may be eligible for a free trial from Boom Learning. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial. If you choose not to stay on a premium account after your free trial, you will still be able to assign all your Boom Cards to as many students as you see fit using Fast Play pins (which give instant feedback for decks that are self-grading).
NOTE: This set is available in a set.
- Amusement Park Nonfiction Task Cards Printable
This Reading Nonfiction BOOM set will work perfectly with these STEM Challenges:
You might also enjoy these resources:
- Escape the Rainforest Digital Breakout
- Animal Adaptations Boom Cards
- Animal Adaptations Posters
- Escape Room featuring Animal Adaptations
- STEM Quick Challenge Animal Adaptations
- STEM Quick Challenge Build a Spider Cage
- STEM Quick Challenge Shark Traps
- Animal Adaptations Non-Fiction Text Features Booklet
I have more sets of Text Features Boom Cards!
- Polar Regions Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Sharks Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Rocks and Volcanoes Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Space Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Skeleton Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Winter Sports Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Groundhog Day Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Valentine's Day Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Pirates Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Amazon Rainforest Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Spiders Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!