Engage your students with this biography unit on famous Christian missionary Amy Carmichael.
This print-and-go resource will give your students a basic overview of Amy Carmichael’s life and her legacy as a missionary. The activities included willchallenge and engage your students as they learn about the life-changing work of a Christian missionary.
- K-W-L Chart graphic organizer
- Interactive Notebook foldable: Tracking the Details
(childhood, mission work in India, and end of
her life) Complete student directions included
- Biography: Amy Carmichael (2 pages)
- Reading Comprehension Questions
- Writing Prompt: Life as a Missionary
- Biblical Integration: Practice and Persistence
- Answer Keys
This mini-unit can be done all in one day or broken up in 30-40 minute chunks over 4 days:
- K-W-L chart: Have students fill out the ”K” column with that they know and at least three questions they have in the “W” column
- Read the 2-page biography on Amy Carmichael
- Have the students look back through the biography and fill out the “L” column on their K-W-L chart
- Individually or in pairs: have the students complete the reading comprehension quiz
- Writing prompt: Life as a Missionary
Have the students look back at the biography and choose one important time in Amy’s life to journal about
- Biblical integration: Perseverance
Discuss the definition of perseverance and have the students list examples of how Amy persevered through difficult situations. Have them look up Colossians 3:23 and record it on their sheet. Finally, have them write a prayer asking God to help them persevere.
Resource created by Jessica Lawler
Looking for more Christian Teaching Resources?
Read more on my blog: Joy in the Journey