This is a student accountability behavior tracking form.
How to Use: Ideal for having negative-attention seeking students, change focal points.
1. Print 5 copies. Insert /staple in a folder designated for just this. Have student decorate the cover.
2. This stays with the student so you and other teachers/adults can sign inside the
apple for the behavior observed.
3. Each signature means the student gets to color it. This step is important. Don't have them wait until later, but do emphasize before hand that they have no more than 10 seconds to color the apple. You don't want the student to use the excuse "I'm coloring my apples" as an excuse to check out.
4. If all the apples are signed and colored for the day, the child gets to color in the giant apple at the bottom of the tree. This apple represents a non-monetary incentive based on the students' interest that YOU provide.
5. The student brings this home for the parent to see and sign whether all apples are signed or not.
6. The student must bring this folder to school the following day.
7. You can even incentivize them bringing it the next day by guaranteeing them a signed apple for "being on task" since their 'task' was to get it signed by an adult at home.
8. Includes a blank sheet so you can write in your own behaviors.
Note: I've used this in 1st and 2nd grade with amazing results. The kids were very responsible and soon didn't need the tracker.
I recommended this to fellow teachers whom each had a sibling in their class. (one sister, one brother) They used it with positive results from the kids and the parent.
Keep as documentation for:
-behavioral tracking/progress...Is this enough or does the student need something more?
-home and school communication
-student and home acountability
Follow, Like, Share / Recommend!