How many times have you had to teach /r/ in speech therapy? For me, this has been the most frequent and challenging sound to teach. It's caused me to do a lot of research until now I feel confident in teaching /r/!
I have put together the program I use to teach /r/. I have listed step-by-step instructions on how to move from isolation to the word level to the sentence level and onto generalization in the classroom and at home. I have also included information about vowels, since I believe you need to know how to teach vowel sounds if you are ever going to remediate /r/. I've used this program to help kids master /r/ in as little as 3 months!
In this product you will find:
1. Step-by-step instructions on how to teach /r/ from Isolation to Generalization (pgs 1-11)
2. Reading Data Collection Form for /R/ (pgs 12-13)
3. Language Sample Analysis Form (pg 14)
4. Tricks for Establishing /R/ in Isolation (pg 15)
5. Chart for /R/ Vowels & Combinations (pgs 16-17)
6. /R/ Strategies for Student (pg 18)
7. Speech Carryover Form for Student (pg 19)
8. Speech Carryover Form for Parent (pg 20)
I've also included links to products that I use to help me teach /r/. I hope this product helps you and your students!