If you're looking for a fun way to help your middle school students master life science vocabulary, this is the crossword puzzle bundle for you! I give these to my students before each unit test, and each puzzle helps them review without just mindlessly copying definitions. This bundle consists of five smaller bundles, for a total of 21 puzzles!
This bundle consists of five smaller bundles:
Middle School Life Science Crosswords Volume 1: Cells and MetabolismMiddle School Life Science Crosswords Volume 2: Genetics and EvolutionMiddle School Life Science Crosswords Volume 3: BiodiversityMiddle School Life Science Crosswords Volume 4: Human AnatomyMiddle School Life Science Volume 5: Ecology
The crossword puzzles are:
1) Introduction to Life (organisms, genus, autotrophs, controlled experiment, protists, evolution, development, sexual reproduction, binomial nomenclature, cells, multicellular, prokaryotes, fungi, stimulus, metabolism, asexual reproduction, taxonomy, domain, nucleus, spontaneous generation, convergent evolution, classification, heterotrophs, homeostasis, unicellular)
2) Introduction to Cells (cytoplasm, exocytosis, Virchow, nucleolus, endoplasmic reticulum, nucleus, Hooke, cells, lysosomes, cell membrane, Schwann, organs, Golgi apparatus, mitochondria, osmosis, endocytosis, passive transport, microscope, vacuole, cell wall, Schleiden, ribosomes, tissues)
3) Biochemistry (water, organic, carbohydrates, enzymes, atoms, DNA, cell membrane, proteins, element, nucleic acids, lipids, double helix)
4) Photosynthesis, Cellular Respiration and Cell Division (chromosomes, oxygen, cytokinesis, chloroplast, prophase, alcoholic fermentation, sunlight, metaphase, photosynthesis, anaphase, mitosis, chlorophyll, heterotrophs, water, glucose, fermentation, autotrophs, interphase, cellular respiration)
5) Genetics (Punnett square, genetics, heterozygous, alleles, meiosis, codominant, fertilization, phenotype, incomplete dominance, genotype, gene, homozygous, polygenic, recessive, probability, hybrid, dominant)
6) DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis (protein, messenger RNA, tumor, carrier, selective breeding, gene therapy, chemotherapy, clone, cancer, hybridization, inbreeding, mutation, ribosome, sex chromosomes, transfer RNA, DNA replication, sex-linked traits, genetic engineering, double helix, guanine, adenine, chromosome)
7) Evolution (gradualism, Darwin, theory, evolution, artificial selection, natural selection, Galapagos, variation, species, fossil, homologous structures, DNA, punctuated equilibrium)
8) Viruses, Bacteria, Protists, and Fungi (vaccine, bacteria, protists, ribosomes, endospore, conjugation, decomposers, host, hyphae, parasite, algae, flagellum, fruiting body, fungi, virus, pasteurization, binary fission, lichen, budding, cytoplasm, cilia, contractile vacuole)
9) Plants (germination, angiosperms, monocots, xylem, phloem, gametophyte, fruit, pollination, cones, nonvascular, cambium, chloroplasts, central vacuole, chlorophyll, sporophyte, cotyledon, vascular, cuticle, transpiration, pistils, sepals, stomata, stamens, rhyizoids, perennials)
10) Introduction to Animals (vertebrae, amphibians, cnidarians, arthropods, bilaterial symmetry, endotherm, ectotherm, radial symmetry, notochord, fish, chordates, birds, monotremes, mammary glands, mammals, tissue, exoskeleton, homeostasis, echinoderms, placenta, adaptations, cartilage, mollusks, reptiles)
11) Animal Bodies and Life Processes (cartilage, herbivores, complete metamorphosis, external fertilization, motor neurons, circulatory system, muscles, gestation, digestion, joint, respiratory system, nervous system, interneurons, amniotic sac, filter feeders, placenta, molting, incomplete metamorphosis, carnivore, interneurons, tadpole, cellular respiration, stimulus, brain, omnivores, water vascular system, nervous system)
12) Introduction to the Human Body (connective tissue, endocrine system, muscle, excretory system, absorption, joint, cytoplasm, hormones, nervous system, nutrients, integumentary system, organ, glands, cell, tissue, epithelial tissue, circulatory system, reproductive system, cell membrane, stimulus, skeleton, respiratory sytem, homeostasis, digestive system
13) Skeletal, Muscular, and Integumentary Systems (cartilage, voluntary muscles, melanin, involuntary muscles, bone marrow, temperature, follicles, tendon, smooth muscle, pores, spongy bone, skeleton, dermatologist, osteoporosis, vertebrae, ligaments, striated muscle, cardiac muscle, epidermis)
14) Digestive and Excretory Systems (vitamins, small intestine, urethra, stomach, calorie, kidneys, bladder, urine, peristalsis, villi, urea, esophagus, gallbladder, minerals, large intestine, liver, carbohydrates, excretion, proteins, ureters, water, fats)
15) Circulatory and Respiratory Systems (aorta, trachea, pharynx, diaphragm, atrium, heart, valve, plasma, cilia, alveoli, ventricle, white blood cells, capillaries, lungs, platelets, red blood cells, circulatory, hemoglobin, arteries, larynx, veins)
16) Nervous and Endocrine Systems (synapse, cerebrum, neurons, central nervous system, brain stem, target cell, ducts, hypothalamus, cerebellum, pituitary gland, pancreas, parathyroid gland, brain, reflex, gland, adrenal gland, testes, nerve impulses, ovaries, thymus, thyroid)
17) The Reproductive Systems (ovulation, umbilical cord, placenta, amniotic sac, menstrual cycle, uterus, fetus, estrogen, ovaries, egg, testosterone, fertilization, vagina, fallopian tubes, penis, sperm, semen, zygote, scrotum, embryo, testes)
18) The Immune System and Disease (antibodies, diabetes, asthma, skin, histamine, immunization, antibiotic resistance, insulin, carcinogens, noninfectious disease, inflammatory response, vaccine, antibiotics, immunity, active immunity, HIV, allergy, phagocyte, antigens, tumors, lymphocytes, pathogens)
19) Introduction to Ecology (population density, limiting factors, parasitism, primary succession, predation, biotic factors, community, pioneer species, niche, emigration, adaptations, carrying capacity, habitat, mutualism, immigration, abiotic factors, organism, secondary succession, ecosystem, host, ecology)
20) Biodiversity, Matter, and Energy (poaching, endangered, herbivores, consumer, captive breeding, scavenger, threatened, food web, habitat fragmentation, decomposers, condensation, omnivores, nitrogen fixation, biodiversity, precipitation, keystone species, evaporation, carnivores, extinction, food pyramid, producers)
21) Biomes (climate, desert, emergent layer, water, carbon dioxide, neritic, coniferous, boreal forest, tundra, estuary, biome, grassland, temperate rain forest, savanna, canopy, intertidal zone)
WANT THE BIGGEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? This product is part of a MEGA BUNDLE made of 64 crossword puzzles for middle school students. This amazing deal includes puzzles related to life science, physical science, and earth science! Middle School Crossword Puzzle MEGA BUNDLE!
Check out my preview to see what you're getting!
You may also be interested in my Endocrine System Exploration Stations
Follow me on Pinterest for fun science freebies and ideas! The Biophile's Classroom
I put a great deal of effort and pride into each of my products. Follow my store for product updates and freebies, and feel free to write a review of this product!