N.B. Pages can be printed in color or black and off white.
This is a 31 page packet with original worksheets and writing and drawing activities including answer sheets and teachers suggestion pages for extensions. The packet includes:
1. A poetry page "fill in the blanks" where students infer rhymes.
2. A copy of the poem for students to self-correct exercise.
3. An alphabetizing Exercise for sequential, referential skills. An answer sheet is provided.
4. A Thinking and Writing Exercise where students reflect on the meaning of the poem and reply to the questions which refer to each of the four stanzas. A sample reply sheet is provided.
5. A Figures of Speech Exercise for Personification and Alliteration.
6. An English Usage and Grammar Exercise to test knowledge of our language. An answer sheet is provided.
7. A Create a Poem Page for students to create an original poem.
8. A Draw a Picture page relating to the poem so they can express their visual skills in drawing a picture of how they visualize what the poet was describing in words. (7. and 8. foster creative thinking and expression.) You can also use their products for display.
9. A copy of the poem to memorize and three different levels of difficulty "fill in the blank sheets to test their memory of the poem and then they can self correct and rememorize if needed. After memorization, students can perform in various ways as suggested in the teachers notes to develop confidence in reciting parts of the poem in groups or solo. Helps to overcome inhibitions of performing in front of others.
10. Teacher notes and suggestion pages for ideas on extensions related to the poem.