Time to talk about... (gulp) puberty and the reproductive system. While this topic is often an uncomfortable one to teach (for all parties involved!) it's also a critically important one. Fourth, fifth and sixth graders are on the cusp of early pubescent changes. Before puberty hits in earnest, it is important that this conversation begin and that adults with correct information be the ones sharing the facts. Otherwise puberty can seem downright unsettling and scary.
Infused with humor, interactive slides and games, using a SmartBoard presentation like this one can help disseminate information in a light, more comfortable manner. Focusing on the systems and their parts as well as the changes of puberty also makes this developmentally appropriate for fourth through sixth graders.
Included in this presentation:
* 26 high interest interactive slides
* Basic information about the male and female reproductive systems
* Slides to touch and reveal the functions of all of the reproductive system parts
* Slides to drag and drop the parts of the male and female systems and label the diagram
* Three slides featuring a Jeopardy® style game to review the information learned on previous slides (One on the male system, one on the female, and one on puberty)
Puberty is unavoidable... but talking about it doesn't have to be uncomfortable. Make it a fun topic to learn about through the use of this interactive SmartBoard presentation!