This packet introduces students to the complex but crucial craft of using context clues. We've included 15 multiple choice questions that allow students to practice using synonyms
as context clues, to figure out the meaning of challenging words.
What about the other types of context clues, you ask? We're glad you inquired. If you like what you see in this freebie and would like resources for additional context clues, please check out the following products from your friends The Brains:
We've created a 3rd Grader's Guide to Context Clues
AND a 4th Grader's Guide to Context Clues
which both include grade-appropriate practice for the following:
* Synonym Clues
* Antonym Clues
* Example Clues
* Root Word Clues
* Cause-Effect Clues
* Main Idea Clues
* Figurative Language Clues (Similes & Metaphors and Hyperbole & Onomatopoeia)
Several of our popular guided reading packets also include context clues mini-lessons and practice:
* Charlotte's Web
* Magic Tree House: Revolutionary War on Wednesday
* Magic Tree House: Civil War on Sunday
* Stanley and the Magic Lamp
* Stanley, Flat Again
* Amber Brown is Not a Crayon
* The Chocolate Touch
* Camp Trouble
Stay tuned for more exciting literary awesomeness!
* Print in color for best results
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome!
Following, Rating, and Earning Credits
* "How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest 411
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.